function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Shubham Agrawal 22Shubham Agrawal 22 

What is User template ?

Hi,

I am confused between User teplates and developer user. What is the User template? and how they are used ?
Please let me know.

Thanks
Rahul KumarRahul Kumar (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Shubham,

A developer user template is an abstract user that has permissions required to develop on the sandbox (for example, the “Modify All Data” permission), but is not active in your production organization.

For Create User Templates please refer the below link for reference. Hope it will be helpful.

Please mark it as best answer if the information is informative.so that question is removed from an unanswered question and appear as a proper solution.

Thanks
Rahul Kumar

Shubham Agrawal 22Shubham Agrawal 22
Hi Rahul,

Thanks for replying, but i am still unclear. I see in trailhead they have mentioned User templates as a solution for below problem,
"Refreshing a sandbox creates a new copy of the production organization. This means that all user permissions within the sandbox are copied from production, and that user access or permissions changes you made in the sandbox before it was refreshed must be reapplied. If you have multiple sandboxes, or refresh sandboxes on a regular basis, consider creating a developer user template on your production organization." (https://trailhead.salesforce.com/modules/app_deployment/units/app_deployment_sandbox)
Could you explain how user templates resolves this issue ?