function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Deb StapletonDeb Stapleton 

Record Type ID: this ID value isn't valid for the user

I am trying to use Dataloader to insert Person Accounts, but it keeps coming up with "Record type ID: this ID value isn't valid for the user". I am an administrator and this record type is connected to my profile. The record type ID is 012160000014lum and the 18 digit number is 012160000014lumAAA. this is a valid record type ID. When I used data loader without using the record type ID it uploaded into Salesforce but under the default record type for Administrators, can you please help.User-added image
Best Answer chosen by Deb Stapleton
Hi @Nicolos Abelian yes I did manage to get this resolved and very frustrating when I found out what it was. When I copied and pasted the record type number (012160000014lum) into my spreadsheet the third last alpha number was a capital "I" for India and it actually pasted into my spreadsheet as lower case "l" for larry. The only way I picked this up was changing the font to Times New Roman to notice the difference between a capital "I" for India and lower case "l" for larry. Hopefully this is your issue.

All Answers

Ashish DevAshish Dev
Do you have system administrator profile? Do you have record type access in your profile if it is not system admin profile?
I Ashish I am the System Administrator and have the System Admin profile.
Ashish DevAshish Dev
Could you confirm if record type is active?
Yes it is active
Nicolos AbelianNicolos Abelian
Did this ever get resolved. I am running into this annoying issue myself?
Hi @Nicolos Abelian yes I did manage to get this resolved and very frustrating when I found out what it was. When I copied and pasted the record type number (012160000014lum) into my spreadsheet the third last alpha number was a capital "I" for India and it actually pasted into my spreadsheet as lower case "l" for larry. The only way I picked this up was changing the font to Times New Roman to notice the difference between a capital "I" for India and lower case "l" for larry. Hopefully this is your issue.
This was selected as the best answer
Frédéric ProvotFrédéric Provot
Hi
I had the same problem, the issue finally was that this recordtype was allowed for the owner I set to the records, but not for me as administrator!
Since I added it to the administrator profile, I was able to insert the records with workbench or dataloader.
Hoping it may help others.
Justin CulpJustin Culp
Im having the same issue, I'm trying to import new accounts under a custom record type but I'm getting this same permissions error...I can't find where to add a recordtype to a profile...
monali kulkarnimonali kulkarni
Enable record type for the profile:

https://help.salesforce.com/s/articleView?id=sf.admin_recordtype.htm&type=5