function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sean Fife 16Sean Fife 16 

Superbadge: Lightning Experience Rollout - Step 6

In this step you're supposed to create a Lightning App for Poloma that contains only the things she wants to focus on.  So I did, I created a Lightning App called Communications, added the Home, Account, Chatter, Reports, and Dashboards tabs, then assigned it to her profile as the default app.

All I get is an error.  "Didn't find a Lightning app named Communications. This Lightning app must include the items that Paloma uses regularly. Paloma must be able to access the app."

Which is completely misleading because the app does exist.  I even logged in a Poloma and checked she could see the app, and everything looked good.  I'm at a complete loss.

Can anyone give any pointers or hints?  I've tried removing the Home tab and checking the step, but I get the same error.  I tried adding in the Key Sales Data page, same error.  Both the home and Key Sales Data, same error.  I tried duplicating the Sales app tabs but reordering them and including what Poloma wants, but still I get an error.

Best Answer chosen by Sean Fife 16
Aaron Pratt 8Aaron Pratt 8
I encountered a similar issue yesterday evening, and I think the eventual workaround was to delete the Communication app and recreate it. I then made sure that the new "Communications" app was her default app and that she didn't have access to view other apps.

All Answers

Aaron Pratt 8Aaron Pratt 8
I encountered a similar issue yesterday evening, and I think the eventual workaround was to delete the Communication app and recreate it. I then made sure that the new "Communications" app was her default app and that she didn't have access to view other apps.
This was selected as the best answer
Sean Fife 16Sean Fife 16
Thanks Aaron, that fixed it.
Emilien Guichard 40Emilien Guichard 40
Just havinf the same issue and that fixed it.
Thanks a lot!
Luke McKenzieLuke McKenzie
I had to delete and recreate the communications app too. Thanks Aaron.
Ivan Hernandez CamachoIvan Hernandez Camacho
I tried to deleted and create it as new, but I had the same error:

"There was an unexpected error while verifying this challenge. Usually this is due to some pre-existing configuration or code in the challenge Org. We recommend using a new Developer Edition (DE) to check this challenge. If you're using a new DE and seeing this error, please post to the developer forums and reference error id: XFWYLERF"

some alternatives?

User-added image
User-added image
User-added image
Bob RhodesBob Rhodes
@Ivan Hernandez Camacho usually when that error message appears it means you are using a Trailhead Playground or Developer Edition that is not fresh for this Superbadge.  In regards to your picture, I just passed this step and I had Platform checked as visible.  The order of tabs that I used when creating the Communications app was Home, Accounts, Chatter, Reports, and Dashboards.  The order may not matter, but that is the order I used to pass the challenge.
Catherine Bell 13Catherine Bell 13
thanks @Aaron Pratt 8