function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
J S 62J S 62 

Dreamhouse challenge does not work

I cannot install Dreamhouse.  Not only does the link in Trailhead NOT lead to installing Dreamhouse, but even using the link provided by other learners, the system says that it can't be installed because it needs APEX classes.  I don't know what that is or where to get it because I am a new user.  (That's why I'm at the very start of Trailhead, right?)  I'm disappointed that this would be happening in the first few steps of starting to learn SalesForce.  Has anyone got a solution to this installation?   Also, is ALL of Trailhead going to be like this? 
alwanickalwanick
Hi J S 62,
Could it be that you have used several trailhead playgrounds or is this the very first one? At least for me, this was an issue when installing the managed Dreamhouse app package. After clicking on the installation link, the log-in referred to another username (from another trailhead playground). Please clear your browser cache and then open an inkognito browser session and try again. This should keep the username and its authorizations consistent. You can see your username in the settings within "View profile" (top right side). Please try. From my experience, Trailhead will get better :)
J S 62J S 62
Unfortunately, it was my first playground.
alwanickalwanick
No worries. Still recommend to clear the browser cache and use a newly opened inkognito window to access the AppExchange and then try to download again. Should not take too much time for another try. Please let us know what you get as a result :)
CarovanCarovan
All of trailhead isn't like this.  Just a few frustrating parts.  I think I came across just two of them on the entire beginner admin trail.  Hang in there!

I've got almost the same issues with this module.  The "Install the DreamHouse app package" link installs Trailhead Project (Version Name 1.0) to my playground.  The challenge doesn't get passed.  Searching the AppStore for DreamHouse produces no results.  Using the link ending in /packagingSetupUI/ipLanding.app?apvId=04tB00000009UeX installed an unmanaged DreamHouse package, but still didn't pass teh challenge. 

I've cleared my cache, used an incognito window, and spent WAY more than the 10 minutes suggested for this module trying to make the thing work.  Any other ideas?
Brad EndresBrad Endres
I am having the same issue. Any luck solving this?
Sean CarneySean Carney
I have not solved it either. It is driving me a bit bonkers.