function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Cliodhna Egan 7Cliodhna Egan 7 

Can I use 1 sandbox for multiple production environments?

Hello,

I have a customer who will have 4 different instances of salesforce.com production environments. I am configuring in the first one currently but a lot of the metadata will be the same in the other 3 orgs. Does anyone know if there is a way to use my Sandbox Config for all 4 instances? Obviously trying to avoid recreating custom objects, fields etc. 3 more times! Thanks
nibi josenibi jose
Hi Cliodhna,

No, you cannot use one single Sandbox for all 4 instances. You can use your Sandbox for only one production org, from which it has been refreshed. Otherwise it would create conflicts in many ways. A Sandbox is a copy of an Org, just imagine if its possible to connect the sandbox with 4 other instances of production org, still it will point to any one of the production environments, from which it has been refreshed.
Cliodhna Egan 7Cliodhna Egan 7
Thanks Nibi. Yes I have been thinking it might not be possible - am looking at Appexchange just in case (!).

Found CloudSync by Cloudely, Inc which looks promising but asked them if it would do what I want ( was thinking if there were some way to make a "pack" of my config and copy it into a new clean Prod Org, that would be great in this case). Let's see if they reply.