function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Nevlyn DSousa TicloNevlyn DSousa Ticlo 

Could not find VAT Data records for Germany and Japan with the correct percentages. Please double check the challenge requirements

Hi Salesforc Experts,

I was trying to complete the 'Custom Metadata Types' Module and Im currently stuck on the 'Create and Manage Custom Metadata Types' challenge. I've been struggling with this for sometime now, and have tried the challenge in three different developer orgs but I still get the same error.
The challenge is as follows
Your company sells products all over the world. Some countries charge a value-added tax (VAT) on top of the retail price for particular goods. Create a custom metadata type that stores the VAT rate for the countries you service, namely Japan and Germany.
Call your custom metadata type VAT Data.
VAT Data has a text field called Country Name with length 10.
VAT Data has a percent field called VAT Rate with default values.
For the VAT Data record label, use the country name.
Japan has a 10% VAT.
Germany has a 19% VAT.

Here's what I've done
1. Created a custom Metadata Type 'VAT Data' with two custom fields 'Country Name and 'VAT Rate'
User-added image

2. Created Records for Japan and Germany as below
User-added image
User-added image

When I try to check the challenge, I keep getting the same error
Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
Could not find VAT Data records for Germany and Japan with the correct percentages. Please double check the challenge requirements

If anyone could help me out with this, that would be awesome.

Thanks
Nevlyn
Rahul KumarRahul Kumar (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Nevlyn DSousa,

May I request you please refer the below link for reference. Hope it will be helpful.

Please mark it as best answer if the information is informative.so that question is removed from an unanswered question and appear as a proper solution.

Thanks
Rahul Kumar
Nevlyn DSousa TicloNevlyn DSousa Ticlo
Hi Rahul, Thanks for your reply. I have looked at that link. And if you check the screenshots that I’ve attached, they match what is given in the screenshots in the link. I’m not able to determine whats the issue exactly. Would you happen to have an idea on what is the issue exactly? Thanks Nevlyn
Becca Morgan 5Becca Morgan 5
I had the same issue - the usual Trailhead drama - a typo.  I repasted ech name, and then realized I have forgotten to update Germany to 19.  Another thread also said a type in VAT Rate (well improper case...)