function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Greg CooganGreg Coogan 

Salesforce DX CLI Required Permissions

On my work laptop, my regular user doesn't have administrative permissions. To install Salesforce DX CLI, I needed admin permissions. Therefore, I used my secondary privelaged workstation user to "run-as" the installer. However, when I run command prompt under my regular user, the Salesforce DX CLI isn't accessable. I seem to only be able to access the Salesforce DX CLI when I run command prompt as administrator, which requires entering the credentials of my privelaged workstation user. Is this expected? Is there any way to access the Salesforce DX CLI when not running command prompt with administrator permissions? 
ramya sree 9ramya sree 9
Is there any solution for this. We got the same issue.
Chandler Egbert 18Chandler Egbert 18
Same issue here! Still looking for a solution...
Steven RainesSteven Raines
I had this issue with v7.70.1.  I found that the installer adds the sfdx install directory to the PATH environment variable of the admin user that installed it -NOT the system PATH environment variable -NOR that of the current user.  I manually added the install directory to my standard user's PATH environment variable and I can now access the CLI without elevating CMD or Visual Studio Code.