function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ning XuNing Xu 

Can't install from appexchange

I was at the Extend Your Reporting Strategy with AppExchange which requires me to install the salesforce crm dashboards app. After log in salesforce and click get it now, it shows me the message below. I double checked my salesforce profile. I was indeed system administrator. I refreshed and loged in and out several times and it still doesn't work. Can anyone help? Thank you.

To keep your Salesforce secure, only system administrators have permission to install apps or components. Please contact your Salesforce system administrator to install this app or component.
Or if you're feeling adventurous, sign up for a new free trial of Salesforce so you can install and try out the app or component on your own.
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Ning,

May I request you please confirm if you have download app exchange permissions?

If you need to install any packages from app exchange then you need to have the above permission.

Three User Profile Permissions are available for the Force.com AppExchange. These permissions (below), control a users' ability to package, upload, and download listed Apps, or components, from the AppExchange.

These profiles are described below:

1. Create AppExchange Packages

This profile permission allows a user to create packages that can be uploaded to the AppExchange. However, this permission alone, will not allow a user to upload packages.

2. Upload AppExchange Packages

This permission is dependent on the "Create" permission above. A user profile cannot have the "Upload" permission without also having the "Create" permission.

3. Download AppExchange Packages

This permission allows a user to download/install listed apps, or components from the AppExchange.

NOTE: Just like other user profile permissions in the application, the "Create" and "Upload" permissions above require other profile permissions.

"Create" and "Upload" require the permissions below:

- View All Data
- Customize Application
- Manage Users
- Edit HTML Templates
- Manage Letterheads

The "Download / Install" permission requires users to have the following permissions:

- Modify All Data
- Customize Application
- Manage Users
- Edit HTML Templates
- Manage Letterheads

Hope this helps.

Mark this as solved if it's resolved.
Tarek BarodiTarek Barodi
I have the same issue and i wasted too much valuable on this, i am the administrator and i was able to download before and this time it gives me the same previous message and one friend said clear the history and it will work but i dont want to clear the history, any solution ? 
Dmitry Loktevich 9Dmitry Loktevich 9
You can try to open a private tab on the browser and install the app.