function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
David PowersDavid Powers 

Use Formula Fields Question - Where is Close Date in Insert Field under Opportunity?

Hi, 

I am having trouble with the activity under "The Formula Editor In Action" for the "Use Formula Fields" unit. 

It asks to add the "Close Date" in the Insert Field option under "Opportunity" but "Close Date" is not an option I can find. I have checked every possible option in the "Insert Field" with no luck. Close Date shows up under my opportunities in the general edit option but it's not available in the Formula Editor.

Am I missing something? Do I need to add it in somehow? If so how? 

This is what the "Insert Field" looks like when I pull it up.

User-added image

Thanks in advance for the help!

NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi David,

Sorry for this issue you are encountering.

I have tried the same in my developer org which is working fine for me.

May I suggest you please give a try with a brand new developer org which should probably do the trick in passing you the challenge.

Let us know if you have any queries.

Mark this as solved if it's resolved.

Thanks,
Nagendra
Jennifer SowerbyJennifer Sowerby
This seems to be a difference between lightning and classic. In classic the label for the CloseDate field is 'Close Date',whereas in Lightning it's called 'Expected Close Date'.

Hope that helps.
David PowersDavid Powers

Hi Nagendra and Jennifer, 

Thanks for getting back to me. 

I am using Lightning Experience per the request of the "Use Formula Fields" unit. "Close Date" and "Expected Close Date" do not show up in the "Insert Field" option in the Advanced Formula tab so unfortunately I can't move on with the unit.

Am I looking in the wrong place for Close Date? Where would it be located? The closet thing I see is "End of Day" 

Here's a screen shot of what I see on my end. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

User-added image

David PowersDavid Powers

Can anyone help me with this issue? 

It's killing me that I have no idea where to locate "Close Date" in "Insert Field" or if there is an option to add it.

It seems like it's option that should be there automatically as it's not even a highlighted task in the lesson. It is just casually mentioned as something to add and to move on with the more important step-by-step process. 

Any help is greatly appreciated as this appears to be a unique problem I'm experiencing. Thank you.