function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Forrest HartleyForrest Hartley 

Visualize Your Data with the Lightning Dashboard Builder

Hi all, 

This is really more of "Can someone point me to what I need to do to have actual data in this report?" I'm trying to add my Opportunity Stages report to my dashboard, but ended up using a fresh TP org for this challenge, and subsequently I can't add the report to the dashboard. :)

Best Answer chosen by Forrest Hartley
Oh, somehow I missed the group by Stage bit! For this to work, the report must be grouped by stage. 

All Answers

Piyali ChowdhuryyPiyali Chowdhuryy
Hi Forrest,

It seems you are dragging the Report from the Datasource & adding it to the Dashboard layout without choosing Dashboard component,To Create the Dashboard ,Foremost you would need to select the Dasbhaord component that will be available under the Tab Components beside to the Data source ,-------After dragging the Dashboard component to the layout-----then add your report from the Datasource to that apporpriate component,this will solve your issue.
Oh, somehow I missed the group by Stage bit! For this to work, the report must be grouped by stage. 
This was selected as the best answer
Monika KrupaMonika Krupa
The challenge with this particular Trailhead Hands-on Challenge is that instructions is telling you to: 
  • Ensure that the title of the component is Opportunity Stages
However for it to work, the Dashboard Header should be set to Opportunity Stages instead.