function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sridhar RamamoorthySridhar Ramamoorthy 

Task Record Type Issue

Hi everyone,
Under opportunities object => Activites Tab => New Task Tab. When I create a new task from here, it's creating a task with a wrong record type. 
I've created three record types in Tasks (Contact Report, Briefing, Task (Default). What's currently happening now is, when I create a new task from opportunities object => Activites Tab => New Task Tab, the task record type is Contact Report, please check the image below.
User-added image
Then when I "Create a Follow-Up Task" from the same task. Then that time, the task is been created with "Task Default" record type. Please check the below image,
User-added image
It creates lots of confusing and I'd like to fix this issue. What I need here, when I create a new task, I always want the task record type should be "Task (Default)" not Contact Report.

**NOTE right now this task record type issue is occurring on all objects like Leads, Accounts, Contacts when I create a new task from the Activities Tab. What am I missing here, please help me to figure this out?

Thanks,
Sri
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Sridhar,

Create a custom Quick Action for the record type you want, then add that to the page layout.When you create the Quick Action, you specify the Task record type to use. When a user (who has access to that record type) views a record detail page that contains the Quick Action, they click the Quick Action to create a record of that record type.

Hope this will help you.

Please mark this as solved if it's resolved.

Thanks,
Nagendra.