function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DMRaeDMRae 

Flow: Create Revenue Records for each Opportunity Line Item Schedule

Hey there,

I'm new to Flows. I want to build a Flow (using the Flow Designer) that creates Revenue Records (custom object) for each Opportunity Line Item
Schedule. I noticed that I'm able to query Opportunity Line Item Schedules via Fast Lookup.

Sample setup:

The Opportunity contains three Opportunity Products (Product 1, Product 2, Product 3) with Revenue Scheduling enabled. The Schedules for each are:

01.01.2018 - 10.00$
01.02.2018 - 10.00$
01.03.2018 - 10.00$

I expect the Flow to trigger nine Revenue Records. Each Revenue Record must receive basic information delivered by the initial objects: Date, Amount (from the Schedules) and Name (from the Opportunity Product). The Revenue Record has corresponding fields. 

I guess the first thing I have to do is creating a Fast Lookup for the Opportunity Line Items. Or the Opportunity Line Item Schedules? After that I assume I have to create a Loop and Assignments. I already watched this video, but in my use case the record creation depends on the Opportunity Line Item Schedules.

Can someone help me with the architecture of the Flow?

Any ideas?

Kind regards,
David
Shawn Reichner 29Shawn Reichner 29
David,

Any possibility that you can use Process Builder for this request, as I think it would be much more straight forward and allow you to achieve this with more ease.  

Please attempt if so, and if you have any questions, please let us know,

Shawn
DMRaeDMRae
Shawn,

Process Builder is not an option as I'm not able to access the Revenue Schedules of the Opportunity Product. Tell me if I'm wrong. 

Looking forward for your help!

David
Shawn Reichner 29Shawn Reichner 29
Did some research and as long as you have one schedule per opp product you should be able to do this via process builder, but if you do not have just one schedule per product then process builder would not work for you.  Here is the link I referenced....https://success.salesforce.com/answers?id=906300000010xVqAAI
DMRaeDMRae
Shawn,

the link you shared treats a different topic.

I want to be able to create multiple records (custom object type) through the Opportunity Schedules (see the description above). 

Any idea how to do that?

David

DMRaeDMRae
+ yes, there is more than one Schedule per product. :)