function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Vigneshwaran LoganathanVigneshwaran Loganathan 

Import from Excel

Hi All, 

I have a requirement to import data from excel sheet. the Sheet will have data similar to the below one, 

User-added image

As you see, I need to map two (or more) Contacts to the same account in a row. For Eg, 2nd column has 2 contacts. So, I need to create 2 list records for 1 row and at the end list should have 6 rows (2 contacts for each accounts).  

If I iterate the row using 'for' loop, I can able to map only One contact not two. So, I end up adding only 3 rows. Is there a way we can achieve this.? 

Thanks,
Vignesh

Derek Bennett 5Derek Bennett 5
@Vigneshwaran Loganathan,

I haven't seen it done, I usually think of each row as its own record in SF. When I have similar requirements I just make sure all the contacts are mapped to the correct account ID number and I give each contact a row of its own, again I like to think of each row being its own record in SF. If I'm correct in my way of thinking then you would be combining two contacts together and associating the merged contacts with an account which I'm guessing wont work. To sum it all up if I were you i would just make sure each contact is mapped to the correct Account ID number and give each contact a row of its own with the desired account ID.
Oleksandra Oleksandra 4Oleksandra Oleksandra 4
Get in touch with Data2CRM expert (https://app.hubspot.com/meetings/am-data2crm) to find out how to do that task