function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Eddie Grissett devEddie Grissett dev 

error installing dreamhouse app

I get the following message trying to install the DreamHouse app:
This app can't be installed.
There are problems that prevent this package from being installed.
Custom Field Definitions(00N6A0000098lS8) Duplicate RelationshipNameThe relationship name "Favorites__r" is already used by custom field Favorite__c.Property__c. Please rename existing relationship name.

How do I fix this?
Thanks,
Eddie
Amit Chaudhary 8Amit Chaudhary 8
DreamHouse is unmanaged package ? If yes then you need to check where you are using Favorites__r field in existing org and need to rename same field
Eddie Grissett devEddie Grissett dev
I don’t know where Favorites__r is.
I am new to Salesforce. Do you know how to find and rename that field?

D PIRESD PIRES
Hi,
I have the same problem :(
Somebody have a solution ?
Peter Timmer 8Peter Timmer 8
Same problem over here
Raghuveer Mukkamalla 14Raghuveer Mukkamalla 14
If you guys are like me, you worked on the Admin Trail before getting to the Developer Trail. In the Admin one, you would installed an app with the objects - Favorites and Property and that is what is causing the error (as the new Builder app you are trying to install contains the same fields).

You can do one of two things:

1. Create a new Playground and install.

2. Delete the existing custom objects.

#1 is recommended.
D PIRESD PIRES
hello,
you have just to delete custom objet that you have created during your previous exercice on trailhead
Cathy ZyetzCathy Zyetz
Like to finish this challenge but I have tried doing the install in a new Playground while in Chrome Incognito and get the same error messages related to the existing custom field. I have searched the Schema Builder and can't find anything as show below. Continue to get same error message:
This app can't be installed.
There are problems that prevent this package from being installed.
Custom Field Definitions(00N460000056uzN) Duplicate RelationshipNameThe relationship name "Favorites__r" is already used by custom field Favorite__c.Property__c. Please rename existing relationship name.
Custom Field Definitions(00N460000056uzO) Duplicate RelationshipNameThe relationship name "Favorites__r" is already used by custom field Favorite__c.User__c. Please rename existing relationship name.
Custom Field Definitions(00N460000056uz5) Duplicate RelationshipNameThe relationship name "Properties__r" is already used by custom field Property__c.Broker__c. Please rename existing relationship name.
killian gilbert-smith 5killian gilbert-smith 5
I have the same issue as well and have tried all work arounds: new playground, incognito window and even renamed the Favorite object. Still I get the same error meaasge. I guess it is time to move on. I had done other trails and was trying to wrap this one up but wil have to let it go. 

Greg BeerGreg Beer
Anyone ever figure out a solution?
I deleted the Favorite object and cannot find the relationship and don't know how to proceed.

Error:
The relationship name "Favorites__r" is already used by custom field Favorite__c.Property__c. Please rename existing relationship name.
Andrew ClintonAndrew Clinton
I just got this to work after facing the same issues mentioned above and trying incognito windows and new playgrounds, with nothing being successful. I've already done several trails and modules before trying this one, so it was clashing with Favorite and Property objects and fields I'd already built.

The fix:
In my regular playground I went to the Favorite object and changed all references with Favorite in, including the object name, adding 'prop'; API became Favoriteprop__c, singular = Favoriteprop, plural = Favoritesprop.

I then went to Property object and did the same; object name = Propertyprop, API = Propertyprop__c, singular = Propertyprop, plural = Propertiesprop.

I went back to the new Favoriteprop object, clicked on Fields and Relationships, opened up the Property field label and changed the master-detail options to reflect the changes, with it now being Related to: Propertyprop. (and added 'prop' to any remaining unchanged 'favorite' or 'property' references)

I then tried the installation of the DreamHouse app and it worked, which created new Favorite and Property objects (hence the clash). The installation was deemed a success and I got my badge. I have no idea what the impact will be on the objects I changed, but I may never find out if they were for an old one-off exercise.

I hope this helps!
desTROYerdesTROYer
Raghuveer Mukkamalla 14 - Has the correct procedure.
*I found that if you already finished the "Admin Beginner" trail and decide to follow his 2nd step (deleting the existing custom objects), you may have to delete the "offer" custom object before you can delete the "Property" custom object.*
There was a module in the Admin Beginner trail that tied the two custom objects together.

Good luck Trailblazers!
Jindřich ŠimáčekJindřich Šimáček

Hi, basically all that is necessary to do is to rename the existing objects like in the following example

• Favorite__c to e.g. Favorite2__c
  • Property__c to e.g. Property2__c
and field references. As destroyer has pointed out, there is one more field reference in the "Offer" object that has to be also renamed. Then the package can be successfully installed.

The package is installing its own Property and Favorite objects.
User-added image

bhanu chopra 6bhanu chopra 6
Hi All,

I found the fix for this probelm. All you need to do is rename the two objects from object manager:-
  • Favorite__c to e.g. Favoriteprop__c
  • Property__c to e.g. Propertyprop__c
Once you are done with above step then you need to rename the master detail relationship field in Favorite object.
Try to install the package once again. 

If the issue persist then try to create a new trailhead playground (Drop-down option next to Launch buton).

I hope this helps. 
Good luck Trailblazers!
Jonathan A FoxJonathan A Fox
I would reitterate that this is the correct answer above

''Hi All,

I found the fix for this probelm. All you need to do is rename the two objects from object manager:-
Favorite__c to e.g. Favoriteprop__c
Property__c to e.g. Propertyprop__c
Once you are done with above step then you need to rename the master detail relationship field in Favorite object.
Try to install the package once again. 

If the issue persist then try to create a new trailhead playground (Drop-down option next to Launch buton).

I hope this helps. 
Good luck Trailblazers!''

@eddie Can this be marked as solved?
Nanda Kishore KapparapuNanda Kishore Kapparapu

@Jonathan A Fox , @bhanu chopra 6

Thanks - able to install the package now .. 

Eduardo De Souza 4Eduardo De Souza 4
probably you already have this app installed, so uninstall the current one first: 
  • Setup button 
  • Quick find: Installed Packages
  • Check the Installed Packages list and click on Uninstall button for DreamHouse version you have. 
  • Confirm and wait for it to finish. 
  • Try to install DreamHouse again. 
Rakesh_SRakesh_S
@Andrew Clinton,
Thanks. Error gets resolved and able to install package.
PriyaDarshini GangonePriyaDarshini Gangone
Go to object manager,
->search for favorite__c and click edit.
->edit the name to favorite2__c .
->do the same with property__c.
Nicole WolfNicole Wolf
Hello 

I went a different route and deleted the custom object and I can confirm it is gone, but i am getting the same error message (referencing Favorite__c
Ratish JhaRatish Jha
Favorite__c.Property__c
Go to Favorite Object, search for Proeprty field, edit the field and rename 'Child Relationship Name'.