function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mateusz Wolak-Książek 9Mateusz Wolak-Książek 9 

Developer enviroment

Hey,
I am already a salesforce developer in a company based in Poland. Since I know this platform, I have decided to write my engineering work/bachelors of science about salesforce and create an app on it. Therefore I need a developer enviroment for about 6-12 months that will not expire. All the free ones are for one month freely only. Have You got guys any sugestions what I could do? I already wrote about 4-5 times question/ to suport asking the same question again and again, and each one is telling me to write to someone else.
Regards,

Mateusz WK

Best Answer chosen by Mateusz Wolak-Książek 9
Parker EdelmannParker Edelmann
Hi Mateusz WK,

You can get a completely free Developer Edition (DE) here: https://developer.salesforce.com/signup

Unlike the Trialforce orgs, these last forever, so long as there's been at least some activity during the past 6 months. You mentioned you wanted to create an app on it, in order to do that, I believe that you have to use a DE or become an ISV Partner if you want to distribute your app via the AppExchange.

The DE is practically a fully-functioning Salesforce org, but it does have limits and not all of the bells and whistles are available (hey, it's free after all.), so this should be enough for your intents and purposes I believe. The biggest limit that you should be aware of is that it only has 5MB of Data Storage, which translates to roughly about 2,500 records, but hopefully that shouldn't be a problem.

I hope this helps.

Best,
Parker

All Answers

Derek Bennett 5Derek Bennett 5
Mateusz WK,

I've had trailhead and mutiple playgrounds for years that did not expire. I recommend you get a trailhead account and you can have a few different playgrounds if you desire. Also you can use one of the sandboxes form the company you work for based in poland. I would think if you just needed an org to build, and test one those two options alone would be more than enough. 
Parker EdelmannParker Edelmann
Hi Mateusz WK,

You can get a completely free Developer Edition (DE) here: https://developer.salesforce.com/signup

Unlike the Trialforce orgs, these last forever, so long as there's been at least some activity during the past 6 months. You mentioned you wanted to create an app on it, in order to do that, I believe that you have to use a DE or become an ISV Partner if you want to distribute your app via the AppExchange.

The DE is practically a fully-functioning Salesforce org, but it does have limits and not all of the bells and whistles are available (hey, it's free after all.), so this should be enough for your intents and purposes I believe. The biggest limit that you should be aware of is that it only has 5MB of Data Storage, which translates to roughly about 2,500 records, but hopefully that shouldn't be a problem.

I hope this helps.

Best,
Parker
This was selected as the best answer