function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Frank MoscatelloFrank Moscatello 

Why am I getting the error located below when the report already exists in the folder?

Hey Fellow Developers,

I am trying to complete the unit Create Reports with the Report Builder for the Learn CRM Essentials for Salesforce Classic > Reports & Dashboards. Why am I getting the error located below when the report already exists in the folder? 
Not yet complete... here's what's wrong:  The 'Opportunities Updates' report doesn't appear to be in the 'Unfiled Public Reports' folder.
So far I have...
  1. Checked the name for any extra characters or spaces and spelling for both the folder and the report name.
  2. Deleted my report
  3. Emptied the Recycling Bin
  4. Closed out of the org and reopened

Any help would be great.

Thank you - Frank

User-added image

Best Answer chosen by Frank Moscatello
Alain CabonAlain Cabon
Hi,

Learn CRM Essentials for Salesforce Classic > Reports & Dashboards.

You are in Lightning. There are differences between Classic and Lightning for the reports and dashboards.

Could you verify if you see your report by switching in Classic ?

All Answers

Alain CabonAlain Cabon
Hi,

Learn CRM Essentials for Salesforce Classic > Reports & Dashboards.

You are in Lightning. There are differences between Classic and Lightning for the reports and dashboards.

Could you verify if you see your report by switching in Classic ?
This was selected as the best answer
Frank MoscatelloFrank Moscatello
Hey Alain,

I did not think to check Salesforce Classic.
I went into Salesforce Classic Reports I saw that there were multiple Folders with the same name "Unfiled Public Reports". I continued to deleted all copies and made sure the "Opportunities Updates"  Report was in the correct and only folder. Finally I ran the Challenge again... it worked!
Thank you for the help!

-Frank
Alain CabonAlain Cabon
Good. If your question is solved and I helped you a little, could you close it by selecting an answer including yours if you want?

There are often this kind of problem with the reports and it is not intuitive because you see the same reports in Classic and Lex in most cases but there are differences many people are in a struggling mode with them.