function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mahesh@sfworldMahesh@sfworld 

record rejecting due to Field is missing

Hi ,
I am using the salesforce pack for "upsert " operation into Salesforce object .Do I have to use API names or Field label for mapping in DataStage ? 

When I give the API name it is giving me error saying Field is missing and record is rejected. 

Let me know any one got this issue before .

Thanks,
Dev.

Alain CabonAlain Cabon
Hi,

"Field is missing" = you have to use the API names and it is a problem of visibility (a new field not visible, admin mistake), a problem of version for the standard fields (release notes) or the fields cannot be queried (profile, Field Level Security).

The connectors are qualified up to a precise version of Salesforce and some standard objects could be invisible for the connector (very new standard fields or an old connector).

The metadata browser shows only the Salesforce objects on which users can perform query operations.

Regards
Mahesh@sfworldMahesh@sfworld
Hi Alain,

I was able to use "create" (Write operation ) and successfully insert new record in Salesforce for key fields i.e External ID.

But when I try to update the record its giving me the error saying 

"Field name " (Field label ) was blank for object . An "Field label " must be specified for upsert .

Here in DataStage Program  I have given field names as API Name .I can't give Field label name because it has spaces in between .

Thanks for the reply.