function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
GoldiGoldi 

Process builder/Validation rule?

Hi all,

I have not worked with process builder so much to figure out the following (if that is even in power of PB). I would like to allow users to move to stage Approval on Opportunities only if CSR checkbox is True, as one exmaple. For other stage - Negotiation - users cannot move further (to stage Review) if related record - contract - is not associated with Opportunity. The very first confusing thing is what action to choose in PB as a start. In addition, an error message would be required, so the user knows why he/she cannot move ahead. Any advice appreciated. Thank you.

Regards,
Ilv
Best Answer chosen by Goldi
Pankaj PPankaj P
Hi,

In you case, the validatition rule on Opportunity suits best. I think thorough process builder you may not be able to show the error message to users.

You can write below mentioned validation formula with appropriate error message.
OR(
    AND(ISPICKVAL(StageName , 'Approval') , CSR__c == false) , 
    AND(ISPICKVAL(StageName , 'Negotiation') , ContractId == null)
)

Thanks,
Pankaj.

All Answers

Pankaj PPankaj P
Hi,

In you case, the validatition rule on Opportunity suits best. I think thorough process builder you may not be able to show the error message to users.

You can write below mentioned validation formula with appropriate error message.
OR(
    AND(ISPICKVAL(StageName , 'Approval') , CSR__c == false) , 
    AND(ISPICKVAL(StageName , 'Negotiation') , ContractId == null)
)

Thanks,
Pankaj.

This was selected as the best answer
GoldiGoldi
@Pankaj, great, thank you, that worked perfectly!