function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Shannon Andreas 30Shannon Andreas 30 

There was an error converting the lead. Please try again. If the problem persists, please contact your administrator.

Thisis the error I am getting when trying to convert a lead. No reason, just this error. I have checked required fields and mappings and everything seems to check out. I have checked that record type is not Master for the profile. There are no validations or process builders or workflows or flows causing the problem. These are all web-to-lead with the same lead source and what we call lead source detail.

This should be simple. I am trying to convert a lead to an existing account, not creating an oppty. So, basically I am creating a new contact on the Account.
User-added image

Was not sure where to categorize this, let me know if you have a better place for it.

shannon

Shawn Reichner 29Shawn Reichner 29
Can you go into Lead settings and remove the checkbox to run validations and etc?  Then try to convert your lead again.  If it goes through, then you have a validation rule or some other rule that is being fired and stopping the conversion.  If this does convert fine after uncheckign that box in lead setting, you could also have a mismatch on picklisk field values between Lead and Accoutn or lead and contact or lead and opportunity.  I was hit by that before and took a while to figure out. 

Let us know if thsi helps!

Shawn
Shannon Andreas 30Shannon Andreas 30
Unchecked the box already. Checked picklist values but can’t seem to find an issue. I will have to do side by side matches ugghh Thanks, Shannon Andreas
Ajeeth Kumar SAjeeth Kumar S

Please Checked the Require Validation for Converted Leads checkbox in Lead Setting.

Thanks!..

Sivanaga AmbatiSivanaga Ambati
What is the solution to this problem that has also occurred within my organization?
NikiVankerkNikiVankerk
This also started up today with one of my clients.  I wonder if there is a system wide issue going on Sivanaga?
NikiVankerkNikiVankerk
It seems that today (June 7 2023) we started getting conversion errors due to a lead field mapping that included a field from an installed app that had expired.  The strange thing is the app expired 2 years ago and we've had the field mapping in place for all this time, only today it started to cause conversion errors in Prod and Sandbox.
Sivanaga AmbatiSivanaga Ambati
Are there any possible solutions to this issue?
Sharon Harris 9Sharon Harris 9
I went thru all of the fields that were on the Lead object - under the Map Lead Fields button.  Go thru all of the fields that are mapped for Lead to Contact; Lead to Account; Lead to Opporutnity.  Make sure that none of the fields that are mapped are part of an expired package.  For me, I found 4 fields that were part of an expired package - it has been expired for 2 years and never caused an issue.  1 field was on the Lead object and 3 fields were on the Contact object. I set the mapping to None for now, will decide what to do next now that it is back to working.