function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
WDCi NatWDCi Nat 

Automate Your Business Processes (Build a Discount Approval Process) Challenge error when trying to add 'Discount Percentage' on the opportunity object

Hi guys,

This is one of the simplest Challenges I've done and for some reason I'm not passing it...so clearly I'm doing something wrong!!  Can anyone help?

The Challenge is on the Build a Discount Approval Process -> Prepare Your Org module

The instructions are:
First, create the Discount Percentage field:
From Setup, click the Object Manager tab.
Click Opportunity, then click Fields & Relationships.
At the top of the Fields & Relationships section, click New.
Select the Number radio button, and click Next.

Instructions

Click Next, then complete Step 3.
In the Read-Only column header, select the checkbox.
In the Read-Only column, deselect the Standard User and System Administrator checkboxes.
Click Next, then click Save & New.

So, that's what I did and created this:
Discount Percentage field
Which I've done twice, logged out and tried again and I can't seem to pass the Challenge.  This is the error message:
Error Message
But, I can see it on all the Opportunity Layouts:
Field on layout

Can anyone help?  Clearly, it's something really simple that I'm missing, but I can't figure out what.

Cheers, Nat
Best Answer chosen by WDCi Nat
WDCi NatWDCi Nat
I created a brand new Trialhead org, followed exactly the same steps, and it passed.  Why, I don't know, but third org's the charm!!

All Answers

Suraj TripathiSuraj Tripathi
Hi WDCi Nat,
Please follow these steps
First of all delete your discount percentage field and create it again
I have also face this problem but i completed my challenge. may be problem is in your field level security.

User-added image

User-added image

Hope it will help you.

Regards,
suraj
WDCi NatWDCi Nat
Hi Suraj,

Thanks for your reply.

I deleted the field again and started fresh, and even followed your example of making the length 4 instead of 2 and it still won't work.

My Field Visibility is set as per the instructions - I clicked "Read Only" column header, then unselected Standard User and System Admin:
Field Visibility
I tried this with both a 2-length and 4-length field and am still getting the same error.

Cheers, Nat
WDCi NatWDCi Nat
I created a brand new Trialhead org, followed exactly the same steps, and it passed.  Why, I don't know, but third org's the charm!!
This was selected as the best answer