function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SalesbotSalesbot 

SOAP API v41 (Winter '18): convertLead requires additional fields after update

After updating Enterprise WSDL from v40 to v41, LeadConvert seems to require accountRecord, contactRecord, opportunityRecord, bypassAccountDedupeCheck, and bypassContactDedupeCheck.

I'm looking through the SOAP API documentation (LeadConvert Arguments): https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api.meta/api/sforce_api_calls_convertlead.htm. The fields above don't appear anywhere.

Does anyone know where these fields come from? Is the documentation incomplete? Is there a way to ignore them? I was happy with v40 api behavior.
Operations Team 5Operations Team 5

I am also experiencing this problem. These fields were added to the WSDL for LeadConvert, and for me they were added around October 16th. The fields are actually formatted differently than the other fields. This was at the same time we added an integration with Velocify. OP, do you know if you have a Velocify integration at all?

Can anyone confirm if these fields are included in an Enterprise WSDL created since API v41? Are these a result of customization or are these fields present for all users of the SOAP API v41?

I am using the PHP Salesforce Soap client.

Operations Team 5Operations Team 5
@Salesbot We found a temporary work-around of manually changing the fields in the WSDL to have `nillable="true"` as element attributes. We are pursuing a more permanent fix. 
Igor KIgor K
I can confirm that Enterprise WSDL also has these new fields.

It would be great if Salesforce allowed people to choose the version when generating WSDL files.