function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Vijaya Bhaskar Rao BattinaVijaya Bhaskar Rao Battina 

Patch on a release managed package.!

Hi

My production org is on Managed Package Version 1.3.
There  is a bug on the released version which needs an immdeiate fix.
Another developer who created the Managed package has made changes to the code on the Developer org.(Created few beta packages 1.4)
The developer now left the organisation and I am given access to the org and I can view the code.

I have to fix the issue on 1.3 version and as the code has many changes,is it possible to fix on older version.
If yes, please help me how as I am completely new to this area.

Dushyant SonwarDushyant Sonwar
Hi Vijaya ,

You need to get access of the org where the 1.3 version released , then from that create a patch org if you don't have patch org for 1.3 version   and make a fix there and release a minor release like 1.31 or something.

Below url will give you an idea how to create a patch org
https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.packagingGuide.meta/packagingGuide/isv4_1_quickstart.htm

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.packagingGuide.meta/packagingGuide/packaging_patches_creating.htm

Tej PalTej Pal
Hi Vijaya,

Yes you can make changes in version Number '1.3' First take access for 1.3 and then make your changes and create new version from this patch as 1.3.1(auto done by salesforce). You can't add new components in it like VF page, fields etc.

If this answers your question mark Best Answer it as solution and then hit Like!
Thanks Sonwar, I have access to the org where the managed package 1.3 is released but there are many other additional changes on that.{1.4 beta} I have to just modify one line of one class file for the bug to be fixed. In the packages list, it is showing beta version. I have deprecated the beta versions till 1.3 release but the class code still has the beta changes. Moreover from my dev edition, "patch organization" tab is not available.
Thanks Tej, I am on the org where 1.3 is created and released. After that there has been changes and 1.4 version is created and is in beta. So I need support on how to fix on 1.3
Tej PalTej Pal
HI Vijaya,

You are on Package org where Version 1.4 created, Version 1.3 also have different org. So you need to login in Patch org v1.3

If this answers your question mark Best Answer it as solution and then hit Like!