function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Brian KesslerBrian Kessler 

Where is all the React Native code and How can I make this work, really?

Presently, I'm trying to work my way through the "React Native" Trailhead.
I've updated my environment to use the latest Android Studio and it even can work with either a VS emulator or Nox.
I also updated the forcedroid npm plugin.

It is no problem to do a forcedroid create.

But when I execute "npm run-script start-windows", npm complains of a missing script.
   * I can, however, get the expected result if I execute "npm start" instead.

However, once I've logged into SFDC within an emulator (it doesn't matter which), the Android application complains "Could not get BatchedBridge, make sure your bundle is packaged correctly".  If I try to reload the page, I get more verbose, but not helpful suggestions.

Then I went to look at, or rather, for, the code, but there is no index.ios,js file, no index.andoid.js file, no app.js file.... in fact, no *.js files in the entire project directory....

Any ideas why I missing things and to fix my environment so I can work through this trailhead?

Brian KesslerBrian Kessler
For whatever its worth, this is my current environment:

Windows 10 Enterprise
Android Studio 3.0
Java version 1.8.0_151-b12
Node v6.10.0
Npm v3.10.10
Forcedroid v5.2.0

(And could the Trailhead show-runners please make it a policy to include version dependencies for all the mobile modules, or anything which requires software outside SFDC itself?)

James Nguyen 17James Nguyen 17
I am having this exact same problem, except I get a slightly different issue when running the emulator.  For me it says "Unable to load script from assets 'index.android.bundle'. Make sure your bundle is packaged correctly or you're running a packager server."

Did you ever find a resolution for this?
Henit NathwaniHenit Nathwani
Hello everyone,

I am also developing a React Native application. The app is using React Native version 0.59 and I want to integrate live agent chat inside it. Can anybody let me know how can I achieve the desired functionality? I did check the tutorial for integration of react native live agent chat into mobile app but it needs the application to be created from beginning, but I already have my React Native app up and running. Also, it's live in stores. So I do not want to create a new app now and want to continue using RN v0.59 or above only.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Leanbridge TechnologiesLeanbridge Technologies
React Native is great when you are starting a new mobile app from scratch. However, it also works well for adding a single view or user flow to existing native applications. With a few steps, you can add new React Native based features, screens, views, etc.
Latest Govt Jobs IndiaLatest Govt Jobs India
Thanks for the information. We also have a hybrid app developed using React. https://latestgovtjobs.in/mobile-app-for-govt-jobs-in-india