function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sujit KarandeSujit Karande 

Remove duplicates in report

Hello all,

I am creating "Users with account and opportunities" report. My report looks like this :

User-added image
However, I am trying to get the users whose opportunities are closed/won. The report is giving me correct data, but the problem is some user's are having multiple opportunities which are closed/won.

I am trying to get only one user, so does not matter how many opportunities he/she closed. 

In short "I am trying to get the uniques users so that I will be able to know the count of users"

Is there any way or workaround to achive this? I will be really appreciated.
v varaprasadv varaprasad
Hi Sujit,

Use Group by User In reports.

Thanks
Varaprasad

Sujit KarandeSujit Karande
Hi Viraprasad, Could you please help me how to use Group By in reports? Thanks, Sujit
Aman MalikAman Malik
Hi Sujit,

To use group by in your report:
  1. Open your report in edit mode.
  2.  Navigate to username field and click the down icon as shown in screenshot.
  3. Click 'Group by this Field' link which will result into grouping based on username.
User-added image

Please like the answer and mark it as best if this helps.

Cheers,
Aman
Andrea John 6Andrea John 6
But how does this remove the duplicates? All it does it put all instances of the user in a group so it is still counting the one person for each instance.
Björn Skrzipek 2Björn Skrzipek 2
I also got stucked with this problem. It Groups the Field but does not add it up to one per Group. Any Solution?
Sophie RihmSophie Rihm
Hi! Trying to figure out the same thing, were you able to come up with a solution?
Adrian Robinson 4Adrian Robinson 4
We have a similar issue with enquiries where one contact can have multiple enquiries (and multiple enquiry types).  We have found that it doesn't seem like there is a way to remove duplicates in reports (would love to be proved wrong).  You can lump them together in a group but that doesn't produce unique numbers, just consolidates them. 

One way we are looking to fix the issue is to create a process (process builder) that updates a date stamp field on the contact record each time the contact makes an enquiry (having individual field for each enquiry type).  That way, we can then run a report on the contact object using the date stamp field giving unique contacts per enquiry type.

Could you do something similar with a field that is incremented each time a user closes/won an opportunity.  Then you could run a report showing how many users have closed/won opportunities and you could even report on numbers too. 

You might also want to use the process to decrement the number of closed/won opportunities field after a certain period so that you can report on the number that users with closed/won opportunities in the last x days/months/year.

Pedro RuizPedro Ruiz
If you Group the names of the people, it will group all the opps belonging to that person. Then the final step you need to do is go to the bottom of your report and untick detailed rows. This will then create a pivot-like summary of all alls that each individual salesperson has. You will also see only one name appear, for each person in that report with the number of opps to their name. You can further split that data however you like by adding more rows or columns.