function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Troy TurleyTroy Turley 

Lightning Connect Quickstart

Hello I've installed Lightning Connect Quickstart via trailhead. Step 4 says select the External Orders app. Question - where is External Orders app found? After I find it I need to click Set Customer IDs to assign customer ID numbers to the sample account records in my Developer Edition.
Kamal ThakurKamal Thakur
Hi Troy,
I believe this "External Orders app" is already created in Step 1 of this trailhead module. see this (https://trailhead.salesforce.com/projects/quickstart-lightning-connect/steps/quickstart-lightning-connect1).

OR 

1. Go to bit.ly/lightning-connect-quickstart-v1.
2. Go through the package installation, accepting the defaults at each step.
3. From the app menu in the top right, select the External Orders app.
4. Click Set Customer IDs to assign customer IDs to account records in your hands-on org. Return to the Sales app via the app menu.

Troy, like this Answer and mark it as best if it helps. 

Thanks
Shawn WallisShawn Wallis
D'Oh! It's right at the top of the article:
Attention, Trailblazer!
Salesforce has two different desktop user interfaces: Lightning Experience and Salesforce Classic. This project is designed for Salesforce Classic.

Once you switch to Classic, it will be in the dropdown in the top-right. I ultimately discovered this by going to Setup > Managed Apps, and seeing that External Orders classified as a Classic app.
VIKASH CHAND KUMARVIKASH CHAND KUMAR
I am not getting URL , hwere to get URL to put in External datascource for this schema.
Devendra PatelDevendra Patel
You would be access to see External Order app in Salesforce Classic.
Kevin Ford 15Kevin Ford 15
This is not an answer. I have the same question as Troy above, but I'm not figuring out how to solve it despite the answers here. If I must switch to Classic, then I don't see how to switch to Classic. In this page (https://trailhead.salesforce.com/content/learn/projects/quickstart-lightning-connect/quickstart-lightning-connect1), I see "Remember, this project is meant for Salesforce Classic. When you launch your hands-on org, switch to Salesforce Classic (https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=lex_switching_uis.htm&language=en_US) to complete this challenge." but that "...switch to Salesforce Classic (https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=lex_switching_uis.htm&language=en_US)..." link points to a help page and that help page seems not to apply to the instructions I'm trying to implement in this project.

I did all of this:
"Install the Schema Package
Your Trailhead Playground needs the custom field Customer ID on the Account object. This field allows you to link orders from an external data source to accounts in Salesforce. This package configures the new field and populates it with data.
To install the package, launch your playground by scrolling to the bottom of this page and clicking Launch. If you see a tab in your org labeled Install a Package, great! Follow the steps below.
If not, click App Launcher to launch the App Launcher, then click Playground Starter and follow the steps. If you don’t see the Playground Starter app, copy this package installation link and check out Install a Package or App to Complete a Trailhead Challenge on Trailhead Help.
Click the Install a Package tab.
Paste 04tE00000001aqG into the field.
Click Install.
Select Install for Admins Only, then click Install.
When the package is finished installing, you see a confirmation page and get an email to the address associated with your playground. Once the package is installed, go back to your Trailhead Playground and initialize the data you'll need for this project."

and found that everything went as expected when I implemented these instructions.

But here is where I get stuck and cannot proceed:

"1. From the app menu in the top right, select the External Orders app.
2. Click Set Customer IDs to assign customer IDs to account records in your hands-on org. Return to the Sales app via the app menu."

And I see the next line:

"Remember, this project is meant for Salesforce Classic. When you launch your hands-on org, switch to Salesforce Classic to complete this challenge."

But how do I switch to Classic?

Then, how do I select the External Orders app?
Kevin Ford 15Kevin Ford 15
I figured it out. I'm leaving my previous up in case I encounter this problem again or in case someone else encounters the same problem.