function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Fabián MedinaFabián Medina 

Change Values of my objects

I have two objects Resolutions and Claims

Resolution has a checkbox type attribute and I need that when it is selected, a field named "State" of the object Claims changes to "Closed"

I have used valuation rules but I have not been able to achieve this, how else can I achieve it without needing to use apex code?

Regards and thanks
Kamal ThakurKamal Thakur
Hi Fabian, 

This can be achieved by a simple Workflow Rule. Make a workflow on Resolution object, that whenever resolutionCheckbox is true, create an action of field update.

Like this answer and mark it as best if it helps.
Regards.
ashishashish
Hi,
First of all  validation Rules are used if u want to restrict any updates by the user on recored creation or simple  giving 'errors'.

Second Is there any relationship between these tow objects like 'Master-detail or Lookup', but the bad news is that you canot  use Workflow to update the fields of child records, 
So ,finally a possible solutuon to this would be to either make a Process Builder or Write a Trigger.

Lets Understand this ->Workflow rules require an 'edit/save' action on the record of the object the workflow rule is built upon. In this case an update on the Account record won't trigger since the workflow rule is on the Account Maintenance object. So, we can still do this but through Process Builder.
Arpit Jain7Arpit Jain7
Hi Fabian,

You can achieve this with Process builder.

If Claims is Parent of Resolutions object then you can simply chose an field update action in process builder. If Claims is child of Resolutions object select action as update child records in process builder and make the necessary updates.

Thanks
Arpit