function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Keith Price 6Keith Price 6 

Forecast Settings Error with Trailhead - 'Define Forecast Rollups and Default Date Ranges' Unit

Hi All

The 'Define Forecast Rollups and Default Date Ranges' unit is giving me the following error when I have done exactly what is asked in the challenge, hence an apparent error in the Trailhead checking process:
Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong:
Couldn’t find default forecast display period 'Monthly', starting on '1 month ago', display '4 months'. Please double check the instructions.

Is there some apparently irrelevant setting I need that is not specified? It's not as if this is a complex unit!

Thanks
Keith

PS This fails in more than one playground org, including a brand new one...
lucia gennai 5lucia gennai 5
Hi Keith, I'm getting the same issue you had. did you find a resolution? Thanks for letting me know, Lucia
Hi Lucia No, sorry - not yet. I think it's just a straight bug, and hopefully the Trailhead team will fix it soon. You there team? :) Cheers Keith Virus-free. www.avg.com
Surbhi SinghSurbhi Singh
Hi,

I have completed this unit. :)
Try this unit on different org because I was getting the same error when I was using the same org in which I have done the previous unit. (Opportunity Revenue was my forecast setting type. )
sfdcFanBoysfdcFanBoy
Yes same issue.  Tried in a different org worked!
Martha Hardy 18Martha Hardy 18
I am getting this error and am using one of the new orgs as well.  

Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
There was an unexpected error while verifying this challenge. Usually this is due to some pre-existing configuration or code in the challenge Org. We recommend using a new Developer Edition (DE) to check this challenge. If you're using a new DE and seeing this error, please post to the developer forums and reference error id: JLNXCHTK
Tyler Whitesides SDTyler Whitesides SD
I am seeing the same thing here.  I was using an org that was created yesterday, but I had been doing some other work in it for Trailhead.  So, I created a new one and the new one errored as well.  There should be some sort of bug reporting for Trailhead right on the page instead of just the forums.
LouiseLockieLouiseLockie
Yes, this is definitely a bug and requires users to complete challenge 2 in a different org to challenge 1, which is the opposite to best practice.
I recommend everyone uses the feedback link on the module to strongly encourage the team to correct this.
Kirk Reinzuch 3Kirk Reinzuch 3
Hi All,

You do not need to use a new playground. Simply change the opportunity forcast back to revenue and it will work. When its on "Quantity" you will receive this error.

Definitely a bug, but there is your hidden setting :)
AndrewNerneyAndrewNerney
Bumpity bump. This error is still occurring. Kirk's response is the workaround. But Salesforce needs to fix this.
JoAnn Vormschlag-EckhoffJoAnn Vormschlag-Eckhoff
I received the same error in Trailhead and cannot complete this exercise. 
JoAnn Vormschlag-EckhoffJoAnn Vormschlag-Eckhoff
Thanks Kirk! Your workaround solved it and I was able to complete this.
Chris LarsonChris Larson
Thanks Kirk...still broken after a year and a half
Nic Flook 8Nic Flook 8
Absolutely 100% still broken. 
Jonathan AcunaJonathan Acuna
2 Different orgs. Opportunity set to revenue. Still errors out saying "We can't find the correct default date range selected. Make sure that you followed the instructions for adding it."
Sebastian Pelozo 14Sebastian Pelozo 14
Hi guys, 

I added an additional Forecast type(Opportunity Quantity) and it worked for me.
I hope it works for you as well.

Cheers

Screenshot
Arrah CristelleArrah Cristelle
We need to add "opportunity quantity" like what Sebastian said. If you followed the first challenge, there wont be an error.
Colleen TrautColleen Traut
I'm doing the Set Up Forecasting Unit Trailhead and got this error: Forecasting isn't enabled for Filip Baran. However, I do have Allow Forecasting checked for Filip and all users as directed in the project. Any ideas on what I may have done wrong? Thanks.

Lisa SouletLisa Soulet
Followed Sebastian's suggestion and was able to bypass the error "We can't find the correct default date range selected. Make sure that you followed the instructions for adding it."
chang liu 43chang liu 43
@Colleen Traut
>I'm doing the Set Up Forecasting Unit Trailhead and got this error: Forecasting isn't enabled for Filip Baran. However, I do have >Allow Forecasting checked for Filip and all users as directed in the project. Any ideas on what I may have done wrong? Thanks.

Please try to change the time zone of your personal account, etc., I solved it this way
Time Zone > (GMT -07:00) Mountain Standard Time (America/Phoenix)
Locale > English (United States)
Currency > USD - U.S. Dollar