function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Adeline MooreAdeline Moore 

Convert a lead error Please help?

Having trouble with a HEDA field. My lead converts are not functioning i think because of the Preferred Email field provided by HEDA on the contact object. That field does not exist on my leads so when i try to convert the lead into a contact I get the following error.

Error: Invalid Data. 
Review all error messages below to correct your data.
Error: Validation error on Contact: The email selected for Preferred Email can't be blank.

It seems the field is not removable?

How can I get my lead converts to work again?

Please help.

I do not have any validations rules in place
Víctor Manuel Andrés PascualVíctor Manuel Andrés Pascual
Hello
I have the same error.
Could you solve it?

Thank you.
Connie JantzenConnie Jantzen
We have the same errror "The email selected for Preferred Email can't be blank" for all the Contact Record Types we use.. In looking at the Preferred Email field characteristics, this is not a required field for Contacts. In looking at the HEDA App, we also see that this is not a required field. 
There are no validation rules in use; nor are there any Trigger Handlers in use for HEDA Preferred Email. 
While we do require an entry in the standard Contact Email field, the error message is always returned when we try to save the form. 
Is it possible to DELETE the HEDA Preferred Email without crashing the HEDA ecosystem.
We LOVE HEDA and don't want to live without it, so uninstalling the package is NOT an OPTION.
Oskar RH ZhangOskar RH Zhang
Double check if the value in "Preferred Email" filed matches what you really have in the specific field. For example, my "Preferred Email" filed was showing "Work", but I had one email address in "University Email". My "Work Email" field was empty. I fixed the error by moving the email address to "Work Email" field.