function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Chris NuttingChris Nutting 

Trailhead badges/modules don't give me the option to add to linkedin

Hi,

I created my trailhead account using my LinkedIn account, whenever I complete badges, it's not giving me this message:
User-added image\

Instead it's giving me only half of this popup (the left half) and won't give me the option to add to my LinkedIn profile.
My account is linked with linkedin as well:

User-added image

I've spent at least 2 hours trying to work this out. Please help!
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Chris,

May I suggest you please check with below links which might help you with above requirement. Please let us know if this helps.

Regards,
Nagendra.
Hi Nagendra,

I have read both links and have tried everything.
Atul Gupta's tool to add previous certs to your LinkedIn is currently bugged for most Badges, when you add a badge using the tool it will go to the add certifaction page on LinkedIn but the field information is not pre-populated (so it's exactly like manually adding badges onto LinkedIn).
This is the screen I am getting that I have been talking about when I complete a badge (there is no LinkedIn link - i completed this today):

User-added image
Donna Lutchman 13Donna Lutchman 13
Same issue.  The option was there a month ago, now it's gone.
I've now provided a link in my LinkedIn for ppl to be able to see all my badges.

I'm sorry but this is insane, I've tried all day to get this working. I've created new Salesforce accounts and trailheads and even removed the third party access from LinkedIn for Salesforce and re-added it (Salesforce/Trailhead has asked me again for permission and i've allowed it again).

User-added image

Please help.

Rebecca EllerRebecca Eller
I have the same problem.  I've been trying to work it out for days!  Has anyone had any luck?
Parr YoungParr Young
Same problem and no idea what to do to fix it.
Jose A. PerezJose A. Perez
I have the same issue.  Very weird that it does not want to work.
Christina Wildau 5Christina Wildau 5
I created my developer account to use for Trailhead and did not choose to login with LinkedIn. I used my email. However, in Trailhead on the settings page toward the bottom there is a box where you can link up your social accounts, LinkedIn included. I've trying connecting to LinkedIn several times and it keeps giving me this error below: 
User-added image
I've cleard my cookies and tried again and everytime it tells me the connection was successful and has a button to go back to Trailhead. When I go back to Trailhead, this is what I see. In my LinkedIn profile, it says that Salesforce is connected but I do not have an option anywhere to add badges to my LinkedIn profile - even after I complete the badge and it asks me if I want to share it on Facebook or Twitter. Any help is appreciated!! Thanks!!
Ralene McDonald 4Ralene McDonald 4
Same issue. I can't find anything online to resolve this.
Steven MaySteven May
I have the same issue.  I'm guessing maybe Salesforce no longer supports posting to Linkedin after completion of a module?
Ajay K DubediAjay K Dubedi
Hi Chris,

As you can see this is nothing but a simple LinkedIn Certificate that you can manually add to your LinkedIn Profile as well by following these steps:

1. Go to LinkedIn.
2. Click on "Edit Profile".
On your Profile go down to the Certifications section and Click on "Add Certificate".

We will see the following screen where we can enter details: 

Certification Name: Trailhead Module Name 

Certification Authority(This is actually a kind of drop down, will show you options as you type): Salesforce Trailhead 

License Number(Salesforce leaves it blank while adding the certification) :  

Certification URL(Salesforce leaves it blank while adding the certification): But we can add the link to the module 

Dates(Salesforce leaves it blank while adding the certification) :  

This certificate does not expire(Salesforce leaves it unchecked while adding the certification): You can check this.

Click Save. And you have successfully added Salesforce Trailhead Badge to LinkedIn.

I hope you find the above solution helpful. If it does, please mark as Best Answer to help others too.
Thanks,
Ajay Dubedi