function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Vijay N 18Vijay N 18 

Transfer data within managed package

We've written one app using managed package. But to improve it, we're thinking to create a new managed package as we're not able to make much changes in existing managed package due to Salesforce limitations.
If we create a new managed package what would be the best approach to install on the subscribers machines who are already using our old managed package. As we don't want to loose data of custom fields from old managed packages and want to transfer it to new managed package. Once we get all custom fields data in our new managed package, we can ask subscribers to delete old managed package.
Thanks in advance.
Rahul KumarRahul Kumar (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Vijay,
May I request you to please refer the below link for reference. I hope it will be helpful.

Best Regards
Rahul Kumar
Vijay N 18Vijay N 18
Hi Rahul,

Thanks for your reply.

Actually I wanted to improve my existing Apex code by restructuring code, remove unnecessary custom fields, rename classes etc. But as I've created managed package, so Salesforce is not allowing to do above operations. So I'm thinking to create a new managed package in which I can optimise the code but there should not be data loss for existing customers as well who are using my current managed package.

Thanks.