function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Anja BotićAnja Botić 

Superbadge Reports and Dashboards: Lightning Hobbies by Contact

I am frustrated and need help with challenge 5 of this superbadge. 
I keep getting this error: The 'Lightning Hobbies by Contact' report does not appear to have either the correct report type or (most likely) the correct columns.
I´ve tried creating the report many times. The report type is the same, as I´ve also tried creating the report by cloning the other two. 

Here is my work:
- Creating a Full Name field on the Contact object; also tried naming it "Contact Full Name"
User-added image
- The report type and name
User-added image
- End version
User-added image
User-added image
Tried it with and without Hobby Type column, in the unfiled folder and in the private folder. The bucket field is locked.
What am I doing wrong?
Best Answer chosen by Anja Botić
Anja BotićAnja Botić
I found my problem and solution. I did not create a custom report type. 
User-added image

All Answers

santanu boralsantanu boral
Guidelines for this step as follows:
  • Report to be built in Lightning, then only Locked check box will appear.
  • Use default full name field of contact
The report will look like this:

Lightning Super Badge step5
Anja BotićAnja Botić
I´ve created every one of my tries in Lightning, and locked the filter. 
I don´t have a default Full Name field. That´s why I created a custom field. 
However, I don´t have the Hobby ID and Mailing Address columns, as they did not mention them in the assignment. I will try adding those two.
Anja BotićAnja Botić
Unfortunately, didn´t work with those extra columns either.
Anja BotićAnja Botić
I found my problem and solution. I did not create a custom report type. 
User-added image
This was selected as the best answer
Robert Colborne 4Robert Colborne 4
Hi

The instructions for the badge as specified here: https://trailhead.salesforce.com/en/super_badges/superbadge_reports

Say "Note: Create a custom report type to form the basis of all three reports, with Accounts as the top object."

So I've created a custom report type that has "Account with Contacts and with or without Hobbies" since one of the reports is "Contact without Hobbies"

My report is as follows which matches the specification in the instructions:

Report build

But when the report is run I get records that aren't filtered to "Outdoor Activities" and show a dash:

Erroneous records

Thanks

Rob

Srinivasa Amarendra Reddy VakaSrinivasa Amarendra Reddy Vaka
Hi Rob,

It looks like it is same with pretty much everyone. It will keep returning Nulls no matter what change you implement with the report type you created. I believe you can stilll proceed with other steps to finish the challenge. 

I have been getting this error below for about 2 weeks now. 
"Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong:
The 'Lightning Hobbies by Contact' report does not appear to have either the correct report type or (most likely) the correct columns."

I posted in 2 places with all my details and what I did, no one could figure out a solution. Were you able to finish off the challenge yet?

My post is in this link below.

https://success.salesforce.com/answers?id=9063A000000DpJUQA0

Regards
Amar
caalapcaalap
Hi Everybody, I had also stucked in same issue. I found the anaswer just by changing field on Report. So here we should use "Hobby: Hobbies Name" field instead of "Hobby Name" field. All the best...!!
Rohan SarafRohan Saraf
Hi Everyone,
Since the long time I am trying to solve this Superbadge and was stucked at the Challenge 5, I tried all the workarounds available at the various threads of the Developer forums related to this Badge. But nothing worked even though all the things seemed to be right.

Later, the thing which finally worked is
  1. I created the new Playground
  2. Imported all the Data again
  3. Create the Appropriate fields which will be necessary to create the reports
  4. Create the Report Type:"Account with Contacts and Contact Hobbies"
  5. Specifically created the Reports related to the Challenge 5.
  6. Finally, check the Challenge.
That's it..!!
Thanks and Regards