function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Josip Juric87Josip Juric87 

Lightning Component custom Action on Case - Placeholder not hidden

I have created a custom Lightning Component, implementing "force:LightningQuickAction,force:hasRecordId", because it should be used on the Case object as a custom action. Now, on Cases it seems that the custom actions are not showing (as for the other objects) in the Hightlighs Panel, alongside the standard buttons (e.g. Edit), but instead they show up in the Chatter Publisher.
So, my 1st question would be - can the action be somehow moved up to the Highlights Panel?

If not, then I have the following problem with the custom action being in the Chatter Publisher. When clicking on the button for the custom action inside the Chatter Publisher, the Lightning Component is shown. BUT, it also shows the default Lightning Experience "placeholder", which is usually shown only while a component is loading. In this case the placeholder stays forever (also after the component was loaded):

User-added image

Has anyone an idea what the problem is? Maybe the components shown inside the Chatter Publisher should implement a different interface, i.e. not "force:LightningQuickAction" ?
krisstannumkrisstannum
Hello!

Have you tried checking the page layout to make sure that the quick action is in the Salesforce 1 and Lightning section?
See image below.
User-added image

Josip Juric87Josip Juric87
Hi, yes that's the place where my custom actions were added to. But as said, with the Case object, these do not appear in the Highlights Panel, but in the Chatter Publisher instead.