function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ravindar AdminRavindar Admin 

How to use user's custom field value or current user record value from parent(i.e: custom-obj) (single user having single record) in report filter?

I am creating a report on Object1__c. I have more than 3 users in my account.
When I create a report, I am trying to filter with the value of current user's custom field value.
User is the parent to Object1__c & also Object2__c.
I am planning to update current user custom field (project name) from object__2(which is the parent of object1__c). In object2__c sig1e user having a single record only.
How use current user custom field value in Object1__c filter from object2__c or from user.
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Ravindar,

You can use process builder to update parent object's custom field (user) from its child object (object2__c). And, to create a report, you can create a report using report type to add user object with object1 and object2. If you want only object1 then you can use users with object1__c, you can see all fields for filter and column here of user and object1 also.

For more information may I suggest you please check with below link which might help.

Hope this helps.

Please mark this as solved if it's resolved so that it gets removed from the unanswered queue which results in helping others who are encountering a similar issue.

Thanks,
Nagendra