function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Josip KrajnovićJosip Krajnović 

Explore with Wave Analytics - Wave Desktop Exploration - Analyze Your Data Over Time

I just completed this challenge and it's not working.

I've done everything according to the requirements and still get this message:
"Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong:
The 'Sales Pipeline Overview' lens does not appear to have the correct query. Please check the requirements and ensure everything is setup correctly."
Analyze_Your_Data_Over_Time

Also, the "Copy and Paste Results between Lenses" is no longer possible for me. Can't find copy or paste...
Copy_and_Paste_Results_between_Lenses
Best Answer chosen by Josip Krajnović
pchoipchoi
Please vote up this reply. We've discovered that there is a problem with the validation code in the "Become a Data Explorer" and "Analyze Your Data Over Time" challenges. The problem came from changes introduced by the new Explorer. We are working on a fix, which should be out next week. In the meantime, please hold off on attempting to complete these two units. Extremely sorry for the frustration and time lost. The updated challenges will be much improved. We're really sorry for the poor experience. Will post an update to this thread when resolved. Thanks for your patience!

All Answers

Eddie Grissett devEddie Grissett dev
I have exactly the same problems.
Nic WaveNic Wave
I'm noticing a few inconsistencies and bugs with the Wave trails, Summer '17 release not compatible with the content. No explanantion of this either. Shame.
The same is happening for the Explore with Wave Analytics - Wave Mobile Exploration - Explore Insights on the Go.

Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong:
The 'Top Engineering Sales' lens does not appear to have the correct query. Please check the requirements and ensure everything is setup correctly.
Patrick McClellanPatrick McClellan
I have the same error, and had a similar error on the previous module. They appear to have updated the interface (doesn't match the screen shots, no copy/paste filter control), and I suspect the update broke the challenge checker.
Dan Olsen 66Dan Olsen 66
Same here.
pchoipchoi
Please vote up this reply. We've discovered that there is a problem with the validation code in the "Become a Data Explorer" and "Analyze Your Data Over Time" challenges. The problem came from changes introduced by the new Explorer. We are working on a fix, which should be out next week. In the meantime, please hold off on attempting to complete these two units. Extremely sorry for the frustration and time lost. The updated challenges will be much improved. We're really sorry for the poor experience. Will post an update to this thread when resolved. Thanks for your patience!
This was selected as the best answer
Dieter RoskoniDieter Roskoni
same with me
Any news regarding units Analyze Your Data Over Time and Explore Insights on the Go?
Analyze Your Data Over Time is fixed, but the Explore Insights on the Go is still not working.
Patrick McClellanPatrick McClellan
I was able to get clearance on both "Become a Data Explorer" and "Analyze Your Data Over Time" challenges. Thanks for the fix. RE: Josip and "Insights on the Go" -- I didn't have a problem with that one previously. Not sure if that's a new issue or perhaps your execution.
pchoipchoi
ANNOUNCEMENT: The hands-on challenges for "Become a Data Explorer" and "Analyze Your Data Over Time" have been fixed and deployed. Before trying the challenge again, please delete all previously created lenses with those names and make sure you're using a Wave Developer Edition org. It's also important to follow the order of the challenges. 

Once again, we're really sorry for the trouble. I know you all worked really hard for your badges and our errors blocked you from getting them. Appreciate the patience and determination. Please continue to raise issues if you have problems with challenges. Thanks!
Erik A. PienkosErik A. Pienkos
I'm using a new Wave Developer org and can't complete the Analyze Your Data Over Time challenge.  The problem I'm having is that I don't see an option to select Sum of # under Change Measure.  What am I doing wrong?
Andrew Schneider 10Andrew Schneider 10
I am having an issue with this challenge as well, I am doing everything it asks and don't see what I'm doing wrong.  The instructions are:
Dataset: DTC Opportunity
Add Group: Close Date (Year-Month)
Add Group: Forecast Category
Change Measure: Count of Rows to Sum of #
Filter by: Closed Equals False
Chart Type: Timeline
Lens Name: Sales Pipeline Overview

I double checked I am saving to My Exploration and copy and pasted the title exactly from the instructions.  HELP!
App: My ExplorationUser-added image
Navatha t 17Navatha t 17
+1