function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mw6mw6 

VF or HTML email template with Table

Hi 

I have an object with the following fields.  I need help to write an html / VF email tempalte to display this details in columns 1, 2, 3, 4, 5,6,7,8,9

Object Name: Staff_Leave__c
---------------------------
Column 1. Centre__c
Column 2. Date_of_Leave__c
Column 3. Date_of_approval__c
Column 4. Day__c    
Column 5. Leave_Type__c    
Column 6. Teacher__c    
Column 7. Teacher_Phone_Number__c    
Column 8. Relief_Teacher__c    
Column 9. Relief_Teacher_Phone_Number__c

Please help

Best Answer chosen by mw6
Shruti SShruti S
I have few doubts -
  1. Please let me know how you are planning to send an email. Is it via an Apex or via a Workflow?
  2. When will the email be triggered? Is it when a record in any object is modified? Or is it on a daily basis?
If I could get an answer for these, I could probably help you to come up with a solution.

All Answers

Shruti SShruti S
I have few doubts -
  1. Please let me know how you are planning to send an email. Is it via an Apex or via a Workflow?
  2. When will the email be triggered? Is it when a record in any object is modified? Or is it on a daily basis?
If I could get an answer for these, I could probably help you to come up with a solution.
This was selected as the best answer
mw6mw6
Hi Shruti,

Thanks for the questions, I want to use this email template in a workflow to send out daily based on the Leave Status = 'Approved' .  The purpose of this email is to remind our centres to remind to call the relief teachers one day before the class date.  For example The email sent out today contains the details of the relief teachers who are taking classes tomorrow and so our centre will call them to remind them today. 

This will be a daily routine.  The list of relief teachers may vary means the number will be different daily based on the original teacher's leave. For example today may have 3 relief teachers, tomorrow may have a different number.  So the above mentioned info is to be displayed in the table in the email template

Thanks