function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
CarlBCarlB 

Default permissions for Site Guest user

Hello.

I have a managed package that I install into customers' orgs.  The customers then create a Site which needs to access some of the custom objects in my managed package.  They set up the Guest User to have permission to read and modify the necessar custom objects.  However, at this point, although the objects are readable, some of the fields within those objects are not.  Salesforce seems to randomly decide which fields are accessible by default.

Is there some way to tell Salesforce which fields should be readable or can someone explain how Salesforce determines which fields are readable by default for a Site Guest user?

Regards,

Carl

Waqar Hussain SFWaqar Hussain SF
Hi Carl, 

You can set object and field permission for Guest user. 

Setup => Sites => click on site Name => Public Access Setting 

You will see the profile which is being used for Guest user. 

under Field-Level Security section, click on the object name and then you can set field level permissions for guest user. 

Let me know If you have any question. 

Regards, 
Waqar Hussain
Certified Salesforce Developer
CarlBCarlB
Hello.

Thank you for your reply.  Sadly it isn't to the question I asked.   I am aware of how I set permissions on a user profile.  What I want to know is why, when I create a brand new Site Guest User, the profile associated with that user only have read permissions on some of the custom object fields rather than all or them or none of them.

Regards,

Carl Barker