function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Maxwell FlemingMaxwell Fleming 

Flow to update Product on Quote Line Item

Hi all,

I ran into an issue where the Product field was locked on Quote Line Items. We need to be able to change the product field. I made a workaround with a custom field and process builder. The custom fied was a lookup from QLI to Product. When the custom field was changed, the process builder would update the Product field to match the custom field.

This was working well for about two weeks! Now all of a sudden I am getting the below flow error. What changed? I can go back to QLIs that I previously updated with the process outlined, and they are still there with their updated products. How do I get this working again?

INVALID_FIELD_FOR_INSERT_UPDATE: Unable to create/update fields: Product2Id. Please check the security settings of this field and verify that it is read/write for your profile or permission set.
debradebra
Have you tried to update the pricebookentryId field instead - I believe the product2Id field might be related to the pricebookentryId field for Quote Line Items.  Also you need to make sure the pricebookentryId value is for a entry that matches the pricebook assigned to your Quote.
Maxwell FlemingMaxwell Fleming
Was hoping for something like this, but already created a flow to delete and replace the QLI. Will try this in the future for a simpler flow.
Yahor VolkauYahor Volkau
This documentation says that you can't update that field:
https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api.meta/api/sforce_api_objects_quotelineitem.htm
(see Properties for fields: Create, but there are no Update)