function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ganesh ShankarrGanesh Shankarr 

Validation rule message not displayed in multi line layout

Hi, I have a validation rule defined on the order products object. But when the validation rule fails on the order product multi line page (the page where we add multiple order products), the error message is not displayed. The save does not happen which is good but the user is redirected to the same page without any message. I can however see in the developer console logs that the validation rule failed. The validation rule error works properly if triggered via the standard salesforce edit page for order products. Any idea why?
Best Answer chosen by Ganesh Shankarr
Swimming through thecloudSwimming through thecloud
On the Validation rule, error location, have the error message to show up on the field. This should make the validation rule to work

All Answers

SalesFORCE_enFORCErSalesFORCE_enFORCEr
Are you talking about the Edit All page? If yes, it shows the error message on the right side of the screen next to the record.
On the Validation rule, error location, have the error message to show up on the field. This should make the validation rule to work
This was selected as the best answer
Edit Your existing validation rule. Select the error message to show up on the field(ex:Line description field)
Ganesh ShankarrGanesh Shankarr
Thanks Raghavnarayana...you are awesome!....It worked when I placed the error near the field. Very strange that it does not work if I keep it on top of the page. Thanks again!!