function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Shawn MostashariShawn Mostashari 

Trailhead Error: Share, Schedule, and Subscribe to Reports and Dashboards

I am on the Hands On Challenge for this trail on Reports & Dashboard. The final step of the challenge is to "Post a snapshot of the 'Opptys by Type' dashboard component to Dashboard Chatter feed". I have enabled Feed Tracking and have selected the "Select the Enable Dashboard Components Box." I am not getting the option to display a hover menu which would allow me to "Post Snapchat to Dash Feed". I have only successfuly been able to share my dashboard to Chatter by using Lightening Mode, zooming in the Dashboard, and sharing it to my followers manually. This is the last traiI needed to complete my Reports & Dashboard Superpadge. How can I share my Dashboard to Chatter if I am able to get a hover menu?
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Shawn,

May I suggest you please try with below solution.

Go into Setup -> Chatter -> Feed tracking click on Dashboard and enable feed tracking for all 5 check boxes. Then, go back to your Dashboard and hover over it, there should be a drop down where you can not snapshot to Chatter Feed.

Note: You have to click each individual section and then turn on feed tracking for each section not just on the main page.

Please find the below screenshot for your reference:
User-added imageHope this helps.

Thanks,
Nagendra
Tyrel CrawfordTyrel Crawford
Hi, hate to thread necro but I'm running into this exact same problem - I've got all five fields of feed tracking enabled but still no option to share on the dashboard - and doing it from the zoomed in version doesn't seem to detect correctly  - Futher Tips ?

Jay Van DeventerJay Van Deventer
I  went into Salesforce Classic, posted my Opptys by Type there, and was finally able to complete the challenge
Zach TorreZach Torre
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct4PpDuaWcA - This video covers the completion. 

Also during the Feed Tracking you must select Dashbaord and reports. These two items are located in the near tracking items list. 
Rachel NixRachel Nix
I hate to jump on this post a few months late but I had the same issue and rectified it in salesforce classic. I got the post to the chatter feed but it STILL won't clear my challenge. It keeps telling me that it isn't on the chatter feed but I'm looking at it right now. Am I missing something? 
Chatter Post
Laurent Picot 6Laurent Picot 6
Kinda same for me. I can't validate the unit in lightning. In classic, even if I activate the snapshots, I don't have the menu when hovering on the chart. Please help! Thanks!

Laurent Picot 6Laurent Picot 6
@rachel nix Try this. You need to Enable Feed Tracking is for Dashboards.
Set Up> Chatter> Feed Tracking> Dashboard
Select the feed for dashboard. It worked for me.
Rachel NixRachel Nix
I have all of that set up and the post worked but it is telling me the post isn't on the chatter feed. Its there. I'm looking at it. 

Alex SiegersAlex Siegers
I'm so glad I'm not the only one experiencing this! 
Alex SiegersAlex Siegers
I switched back to Classic view and the Hover menu appeared!
Linh EnglandLinh England
I am also having this issue. 
Curtis AtkinsonCurtis Atkinson
Hey guys, I had the same thing. You need to switch to classic. Navigate to Dashboards. Scroll down to your Opportunities by Type Report, hover over it and you will see the hover menu appear. Click Post Snapshot to Dashboard Feed (you will need to write a comment here too) then click OK. I then re checked my challenge in Trailhead and voila! 500 points! :)
Ima_BweaverIma_Bweaver
@Curtis Atkinson Thanks, That solved the issue!