function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
cloud47cloud47 

knowledge article types not showing in settings

Despite being a Sys Admin, and check boxed my user as a Knowledge user, the Knowledge Article Type is not available in Settings.  This is detailed in the implemenation guide and on Trailhead.

The only thing that I can see missing is a Knowledge license  in the company Information.  Otherwise, I'm able to do everything else in Knowledge, bar create Article Types.

It doesn't matter if I toggle between Classic of Lightning modes.

What am I missing?
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

May I request you please confirm what edition of Salesforce org you are using?

Salesforce Knowledge is available in Performance and Developer Editions and in Unlimited Edition with the Service Cloud.

Salesforce Knowledge is available for an additional cost in Professional, Enterprise, and Unlimited Editions.

By default, all internal users can read articles. However, some licenses like the Knowledge Only User licenses, require the “AllowViewKnowledge” permission on the user’s profile. To give a user the “AllowViewKnowledge” permission on their profile, activate the permission on a cloned profile and assign the cloned profile to the user.

To do more than reading articles, agents need the Knowledge User license.
  1. From Setup, enter Users in the Quick Find box, then select Users.
  2. Click Edit next to the user's name or click New to create a user.
  3. If you are creating a user, complete all the required fields.
  4. Select the Knowledge User checkbox.
  5. Click Save.
For more information may I suggest you please check with below link which might help you accelerate further with above requirement. Please let us know if this helps.

Thanks,
Nagendra.

Prathyu bPrathyu b
Hi,
Could you brief your issue..
As per my understanidng, You are not able to see the knowledhe Article type from Quick search even though Knowledgebase checkbox is checked in your user detail. Is that??
cloud47cloud47
Thanks for the responses.  I am using a developer edition org.  It would appear there is a documentation issue here.  Knowledge Article Types has been replaced by Knowledge Object Settings.  You then specify a record type, which is documented in the Summer '17 release notes as being a replacement for Article Types.
User-added imageKnowledge Object Settings
SAKTHIVEL MSAKTHIVEL M
Once enabled to 'Lightning Knowledge', it will change your data model from Article Types to Record Types, and removes the references to Article Types. https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=knowledge_lightning_limitations.htm&language=en_US&type=0
Please find the link for comparison between Classic and Lightning knowledge https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=knowledge_compare_classic_lightning.htm&type=0&language=en_US&release=208.15