function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Nandakumar SakthivelNandakumar Sakthivel 

Query Custom Object

Hi,

Need some input on how to query a custom object record for data analysis, We have a "Text Area" custom field in the object which holds an External System ID in a comma separated format ( e.g., 100004,499995,6886 ) . The custom object has more than 2 million records

I have around 2000 external system ID's ( Getting these Id's from SQL Server ) and need to get the list of matching records from the custom object based on these ID's

I tried a SOQL query - Select <fields> from <custom object> where Id in ('111','11') .. This doesn't work if the ID field have multiple values ( comma separated )

Should i use a data loader and extract 2 million records and filter out 2000 records outside of the system ? what is the best way to do this.

Thanks
Best Answer chosen by Nandakumar Sakthivel
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Nandakumar,

I would export and match them up externally.  I typically use a third party tool like Jitterbit to do all extracts/updates/inserts.  It's fast, easy and free.  For 2MM, excel would do it - a bit slow, but it can handle it.

As this post is already solved in success community I kindly request you to please close this post by marking this as solved so that experts from the community will no longer answer to this post which results in helping other's who are really in need of it.

Best Regards,
Nagendra.P