function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sumit Kumar Singh 9Sumit Kumar Singh 9 

RecordType selection issue.

I have 4 record types "RT1", "RT2(default)",  "RT3",  "RT4" on a custom Object. If I choose "RT4" and save the record, the defualt recordtype "RT2" is getting saved. I checked the profile, there all 4 recordtypes have permission. 
What could be the possible issue?
Best Answer chosen by Sumit Kumar Singh 9
Apoorv Saxena 4Apoorv Saxena 4

Hi Sumit,

This could be possible if any workflow or process builder or trigger gets fired while inserting the record. Please check if there are any workflows,process builder or trigger associated to that object, that gets executed on the record insert.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Apoorv

All Answers

Hi Sumit,

This could be possible if any workflow or process builder or trigger gets fired while inserting the record. Please check if there are any workflows,process builder or trigger associated to that object, that gets executed on the record insert.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Apoorv

This was selected as the best answer
Hello Apoorv, 

I really appriciate your quick response. 
I checked the there is not any workflow or process that is updating thr recordtype. I checked the debug log too?
What else could be the culprit?
Hi Sumit,

That sounds strange !
If you have access to the record type and nothing gets triggered while saving the record, then it's almost impossible that recordtype changes automatically to default recordtype.
Could you post some screenshots to refer?

Thanks,
Apoorv
Hello Apoorv, 

You were right!. There was a workflow which was updating the Recordype. 
I was debugging it for last 4 hours. Debug log was skipping this log, since log was too large.
I appreciate your help.