function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Michael Clarke 16Michael Clarke 16 

[Trailhead Challenge] Community Rollout Strategy - Create Sharing Rules

Hi, I am checking the challenge for Create Sharing Rules and receive the below error message. I have not changed anything on the default user Edna Frank that came with the Developer Org. I have set Access Mapping User:Acount = Case: Account. Please help.
User-added image
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Michael,

Please check my replies in the below threads for the same issue which did the trick. Kindly mark this as solved if it's resolved.

Best Regards,
Nagendra.P
Karen McKenna-VeliotisKaren McKenna-Veliotis
Hi Michael,
I looked at Nagendra links and they didn't help me.
Did you see this one?
https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=9060G000000XZWIQA4

Jerome MengulloJerome Mengullo

I've worked hours just for this error and I finally found the solution myself. this helped me:

1) Go to Contacts tab

User-added image

2) Select "All Contacts" in the dropdown then click Go. (Don't mind if you don't have the Recent Contacts section)

User-added image
3) Click the name of Frank, Edna and not the Edit link.

User-added image

4) Click Manage External User dropdown then select Enable Customer User

User-added image

5) Notice that you are redirected to the Users section. Select Customer Community as the Profile. Then click Save.

User-added image

That should fix the problem ["Customer Community User" for the contact Edna Frank not created properly].

Jerome MengulloJerome Mengullo
Follow up:

If that didn't work, try creating a new Trailhead Playground by going to your challenge page, click the dropdown arrow then select Create a Trailhead Playground. Select that created org then Launch and proceed to my instructions above.

User-added image