function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Alex MakkAlex Makk 

Checkboxes next to the contact fields. Possible?

Hi all! On the account page layout I have main contact field. Also I've created fields for extra contacts. So is there way to insert 2-3 checkboxes next to the contact fields in Account object? If checkmarked - this contact field(email address) should be used to send particular emails. Is it possible to do it in Salesforce? Any ideas how to implement it? Not sure if I can use standard tools or I need visualforce coding..
Nayana KNayana K
1. Create an email template.
2. Workflow with criteria checkbox = true and immediate action 'email alert' and use email field(email address) and select above email template.
UC InnovationUC Innovation
Hi Ryan,

Yes it is possible to create custom checkbox fields for contact. Go to Setup -> Customize -> Contacts -> Fields, and under Contact Custom Fields & Relationships click the New button and you can follow the steps to create the checkbox fields. Once you've created the custom checkbox fields, you can use them in workflows to send the emails as Nayana mentioned.
Alex MakkAlex Makk

Hi all! Thanks for your replies! I think I missguided you with my question. Not sure if I need to create separate thread, but..

I have account page and related list with contacts. I've created 3 checkboxes to be displayed in this related list and contact page as well. If I check any of them - corresponding email template should be sent out to this contact. I have 3 different email types that is why 3 checkboxes

The bottleneck is that I have to change the stage on other object so that emails can be sent out to marked contacts. Is it possible to do it with workflows? I was trying to do it...but it seem I cant involve 2 different objects.