function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Rachel van den BergRachel van den Berg 

Modifying page layouts challenge

Hi all,

I have been trying to complete the challenge : Modifying Page Lay-outs but I keep getting the same error message: 

Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The 'Phone Numbers' section was not found, or it was empty. If you believe that you have set this up properly and are still having problems, ensure that you are NOT using Record types for the Contact object. This challenge will not work with Record types so you will need to sign up for a new DE org and use that instead for this module.

There aren't any record types and I have already tried using a new DE org. Still get the same message.

Can anyone help out? 

Best Answer chosen by Rachel van den Berg
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Rachel,

Firstly, go to Customize -> Contact -> Page Layout ->New and create a new page layout having Name:Phone Numbers. Then

1) Drag & Drop Section from the Fields under the Contact Information or any     of the already existing field.
2) Select the Field you want to drag & drop into the Phone Number Field           (Section) like Home Phone, Mobile, Fax etc.
3) Then Quick Save or save the layout and you will be able to complete your      challenge.

Tip:Create a new section in the Page Layout from Field like Contact Information (Standard Field) and then place or drag & drop the properties 'Phone', 'Mobile', 'Home Phone', 'Other Phone', and 'Fax' into the sections "Phone Numbers". 

Please let me know in case of any query so that I can consider with you.

Kindly mark this as best answer if it helps.

Best Regards,
Nagendra.P

All Answers

Hi Rachel,

Firstly, go to Customize -> Contact -> Page Layout ->New and create a new page layout having Name:Phone Numbers. Then

1) Drag & Drop Section from the Fields under the Contact Information or any     of the already existing field.
2) Select the Field you want to drag & drop into the Phone Number Field           (Section) like Home Phone, Mobile, Fax etc.
3) Then Quick Save or save the layout and you will be able to complete your      challenge.

Tip:Create a new section in the Page Layout from Field like Contact Information (Standard Field) and then place or drag & drop the properties 'Phone', 'Mobile', 'Home Phone', 'Other Phone', and 'Fax' into the sections "Phone Numbers". 

Please let me know in case of any query so that I can consider with you.

Kindly mark this as best answer if it helps.

Best Regards,
Nagendra.P

This was selected as the best answer

Hi Nagendra,

Thank you for your reply. I tried as you explained but unfortunately this did not solve the issue.

The challenge remains unaccepted.

Topic can be closed as I found the answer in an old topic. It was caused by the fact that I was not aware of the case sensitivity and it should be spelled Phone Numbers in stead of Phone numbers. Thanks for the help.
Hi Rachel,

As the same was suggested in my solution i am really glad that you have surpassed the challenge.
User-added image
Please mark this post as solved so that it removes from the unanswered community which results in helping others who are really in need of it.

Best Regards,
Nagendra.P

Jess BurghJess Burgh
User-added image
Hi all. It's been frustrating trying to figure out where I'm going wrong with this challenge. I cloned the page from the 'Contact Layout', called it Phone Numbers and added the fields. Any suggestions would be aprpeciated! Thanks!!
satya aryasatya arya
I have created Hands-on Challenge in "Modifying Page Layouts" under "UI customization" under "Admin Begineer". Still I am getting following message

Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The 'Phone Numbers' section does not contain all the specified fields

Any idea, what I am missing ?

I am sure that:
No case sensetive issue
No missing fields
Tried logout login