function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jay Payne 3Jay Payne 3 

Trailhead issues: "GUS at Work: Create Work Items" cannot install Agile Accelerator

I signed up for a Developer Edition previously, so when starting this Trailhead, I logged into it and followed the instructions.

One of the early instructions is to install Agile Accelerator from the AppExchange.  I can go there and select it, but when trying to install, the instructions in the Trailhead say "At this stage, you’ll be asked whether you want to install it in a sandbox or in production."  However after pressing "Get it Now", I get an error message that says:

--------------------------------------------

Oops! Looks like you don't have permission to install apps.

To keep your Salesforce secure, only system administrators have permission to install apps or components. Please contact your Salesforce system administrator to install this app or component.

--------------------------------------------

I have checked my user in my DE account and it shows that my user is a System Administrator.

My username is: jpayne@trailhead.com

So I can't continue with the Trailhead.

Can you help?

Ture Hoefner .Ture Hoefner .
Hi Jay,
  Have you been able to install any App Exchange packages into your org while operating on it outside of Trailhead?

The System Administrator profile does have the "Download App Exchange Packages" user perm, which is what you need, so the user profile is probably not the problem.

I have experienced problems before with Trailhead exercises when I had multiple logins to multiple orgs going on in multiple tabs/browsers.  I use a few orgs for work and I had a trial org that I was using for Trailhead exercises one day and things started going badly and I suspected multiple sessions was causing confusion.

My guess is that you may have run into trouble w/ sessions and App Exchange was seeing your session from some org you use for work or something like that.  You may want to work on Trailhead in an incognito browser tab/session so you know it is separate... or just develop a habit of using some certain browser for work orgs and a completely different one for Trailhead.  

This is just a guess so let me know if that doesn't help.  Good luck!

----
Ture Hoefner
Jay Payne 3Jay Payne 3
I tried it again today and it worked.

Might have been the multiple org thing.
Ture Hoefner .Ture Hoefner .
It probably was from working with multiple orgs at the same time.  I've started the habit of using Chrome for work and Firefox for experimenting with things like Trailhead... just so I don't have to remember to use an incognito tab to keep my session cookies straight.

----
Ture Hoefner