function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Minhaj Arifin 5Minhaj Arifin 5 

When creating new records, users should be prevented from selecting a value in the status picklist

When Users are creating a new Case record, I want to prevent the user from saving the Case record if they select 'Re-Open' in the Status field.
Can I use the (ISNEW) function to indicate that a new record is being created. Help with syntax would be appreciated! 

AND
(ISNEW(),
(ISPICKVAL(Status, "Re-Open"))
NOT(IsClosed)
Best Answer chosen by Minhaj Arifin 5
SwarnaSankhaSinghSwarnaSankhaSingh
Hi Minhaj,

If the requirement is to simply stop a user from creating a New case with the Status as "Re-Open" then the following Validation Rule on the Case object will do the trick for you:
AND
(
	ISNEW(),
	TEXT(Status) = "Re-Open"
)
I hope this helps; do let me know how it works out. If you feel that your question was answered then do flag the appropriate answer as the solution to your query.

Kind Regards,
Swarna.

All Answers

SwarnaSankhaSinghSwarnaSankhaSingh
Hi Minhaj,

If the requirement is to simply stop a user from creating a New case with the Status as "Re-Open" then the following Validation Rule on the Case object will do the trick for you:
AND
(
	ISNEW(),
	TEXT(Status) = "Re-Open"
)
I hope this helps; do let me know how it works out. If you feel that your question was answered then do flag the appropriate answer as the solution to your query.

Kind Regards,
Swarna.
This was selected as the best answer
Minhaj Arifin 5Minhaj Arifin 5
Thank you Swarna, that works.