function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Steve Gilbert 13Steve Gilbert 13 

Moving a record from one object to another

So far I have tried this as a workflow and a process builder without luck. I am trying to work out a lfow but this is what I am trying to do:

I have a recruitng app that I built contining 3 objects, applicant, candidiate and empoyee. I am trying to find a way where I can use a selected picklist value in each to change the record type and the object that the record is located in. For example: an applicants gets moved from the applicant object and record type when the picklist value "scheduled interview" is selected. It would be a similar setup to move from candidate to employee.
Best Answer chosen by Steve Gilbert 13
SalesFORCE_enFORCErSalesFORCE_enFORCEr
You cannot move a record from one object to another. You have to delete the old record and create a new record so in your case when the picklist value gets changed to  "scheduled interview", you need to create a new record in Candidate object. If it is just about creating a record and not deleting the old record from Applicant then you can use Process Builder otherwise you have to go with Apex Triggers.

All Answers

SalesFORCE_enFORCErSalesFORCE_enFORCEr
You cannot move a record from one object to another. You have to delete the old record and create a new record so in your case when the picklist value gets changed to  "scheduled interview", you need to create a new record in Candidate object. If it is just about creating a record and not deleting the old record from Applicant then you can use Process Builder otherwise you have to go with Apex Triggers.
This was selected as the best answer
Steve Gilbert 13Steve Gilbert 13
OK thanks. That was what I expected but had my hopes up for a workaround. 
hgsd sdhgsd sd
Thanks for sharing your experience. I would love to test this script for my page (https://www.securedmoving.com/moving-services/).