function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Claire NicolayClaire Nicolay 

Remove "import" and "campaign" buttons on contact home page

Hi, when i click on my contact tab, the interface displays in the topright corner the following buttons:
new
import
add to campaign

can anyone tell if possible to hide the "import" and "add to campaign" and how?

Thanks!

Best Answer chosen by Claire Nicolay
karthikeyan perumalkarthikeyan perumal
Hello, 

when i try to remove all the button from search layout its works for classic. not for lightining, so thats a default behaviour for contact object lightining. may be we have to wait untill next release or we have to create idea view get the vote from other to resolve the issue from salesforce side. 

Even in my lightining none of the have checked. but New and Import still displaying. its bug from salesforce side. so we hav to stick with this untill next release. 

hope this will clear for you. 

mark it best ANSWER if its clear.

Thanks
karthik

All Answers

Hello, 

in Contact Object click on the "search Layout" it will have the following  options, 

User-added image

in that click on the "Contacts List View"  Edit button, 

User-added image

In that one uncheck 

new
import
add to campaign

options. 

it will not show there, 

Hope this will help you, 

Mark best ANSWER if its work for you. 

Thanks
karthik

Claire NicolayClaire Nicolay
Hi Karthik
No pbl in classic... the pbl is in lightning where only the "new" button is ticked as per your above description, but It still says "add to campaign" and "import"....

Hello, 

when i try to remove all the button from search layout its works for classic. not for lightining, so thats a default behaviour for contact object lightining. may be we have to wait untill next release or we have to create idea view get the vote from other to resolve the issue from salesforce side. 

Even in my lightining none of the have checked. but New and Import still displaying. its bug from salesforce side. so we hav to stick with this untill next release. 

hope this will clear for you. 

mark it best ANSWER if its clear.

Thanks
karthik

This was selected as the best answer
salesforcehiresalesforcehire
UpDate 14 February 2017(Spring '17 release):
To remove the Import Button on Lightning for Accounts and Contacts Objects please DeSelect the "Import Personal Contacts / Import personal accounts and contacts." under "App Permissions" section on the Profile.
To remove it from a Custom Object please DeSelect "Import Custom Objects / Allows non-admin users to import Custom Objects using Data Import Wizard" under the "System Permissions" on the Profile.
If you have any issues finding the above please let me know. If you find this to accurately be the new Best Answer please update :)
Venkatesh DevamVenkatesh Devam
Hi,
I have deselected the "Import Personal Contacts / Import personal accounts and contacts" under "App Permissions" section on the custom Profile. But still list view shows "Import" button.
Hello, 

can you check from relevant  obejct "search layout" List view it shoud be there. un cheeck this. 

Thanks
karthik

Luzmín Fernández-SaldañaLuzmín Fernández-Saldaña
I was able to remove the import button from the contact page for two of my user profiles via the suggestion from @salesforcehire