function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Linda 98Linda 98 

Migration using ANT tool.

I am using  ANT tool to get data from org .Then i need to deploy to another org.

How can i get Reports and dashboards in to my local folder?
How can i retrieve them from one org?
Also email templates?
Do i need to indivdually get field updates and other?or just workflow rule brings them?

Thank you .
Edwin VijayEdwin Vijay
Here is a complete list of metadata types you can export out and import https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api_meta.meta/api_meta/meta_types_list.htm

I would recommend using the eclipse tool to generate your package.xml, the UI is easy to select components you want to download. You can then use the downloaded folders and package.xml to deploy to your target org
Linda 98Linda 98
Thanks,Yes i am sure that eclipse is more easy tool than ANT but for some reason its not working on my system.So opted for ANT tool.
Thank you for the lnk.I couldnt get how can i get reports from particluar folder.

<types>
<members>reportfoldername.reportname</members>
<name>report</name>
</types>

This doesnt work for me.Please suggest.
Edwin VijayEdwin Vijay
Please use as below

<types>
        <members>MyReportFolder/MyReportName</members>
        <name>Report</name>
  </types>

pravin joshi 25pravin joshi 25
Hi, I am geeting message " Total number of items to be retrieved for Metadata type 'Report' = 0 " 

<types>

<members>MEED - KPI, PERFORMANCE & COMPLIANCE/KARLA - Customer Journey compliance rep</members>

<name>Report</name>

</types>

<target name="getFromMeedTrg2">
      <sf:bulkRetrieve username="${sf.username}" password="${sf.password}" sessionId="${sf.sessionId}" serverurl="${sf.serverurl}" metadataType="Report" retrieveTarget="Dev_src"/>
    </target>

is there any changes I require please help me

Abhay Lalpotu 11Abhay Lalpotu 11
You'll need a more specific repro scenario. I'd suggest trying to move just a single report. Just to be clear, the steps are:
download a fresh copy of your reports metadata via Eclipse
manually edit the package.xml to change the folder of a report. (I think you need to make sure the folder exists on the server, and that you are referring to the developer name of it, e.g. Folder_A/My_report)
in the underlying file system, move that report to a folder of that name
in Eclipse, do a project refresh from the local file system (NOT the server)
in Eclipse, do a save to server
the report should move
If this also does not work, post your package.xml before and after, and the exact steps you followed.
P5P5
The Reports can be migrated using the following package.xml tag. Hope this will be helpful. The report can be find at the "Unfiled Public Reports"

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Package xmlns="http://soap.sforce.com/2006/04/metadata">
    <types>
          <members>unfiled$public/Name_Of_The_Report_Wants_To_Migrate</members>
          <name>Report</name>
    </types>
    <version>37.0</version>
</Package>